The new Cat In The Hat Builds That app will offer its young audience a whole new kind of learning experience they cannot get from the show of the same name or the Dr. Seuss book it is based on. It will feature a collection of science adventures for preschoolers to engage with the characters, curriculum, tools and fantastical worlds, even their own customized backyard.
The ability to customize and personalize these backyards will empower kids to make choices about their play-based experiences that enhance their learning. Like The Ruff Ruffman Show’s Fish Force, released in the fall of 2017, the adaptive game within the app offers experiences that provide real-time contextual feedback based on what just happened in the game, and shifts challenge sequences to adjust difficulty and match player ability.
• A fully customized backyard that grows the more you play
• The ability for more than one child to save their own game and backyard progress
• 3 multi-level games, including an adaptive game experience that progresses based on how a single user plays
• 4 Cat in the Hat inspired tools to help with science discoveries and observations including a magnifying Micromaboodle, a Doodlemaboodle sketch pad, the Snap-o-rama camera and a measuring Snaila-ma-bob
• Video from THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT! series, which offers preschoolers more ways to engage with the characters and science.
In conjunction with the launch of this app, kids and families are able to watch the new episodes of The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That! The episodes air on PBS stations across the country, so check your local listings to find out when they air. You can also watch it on PBS KIDS 24/7 channel and live stream, and will also be available for free on pbskids.org and the PBS KIDS Video App.