You might remember our previous review on Kohl’s program called Kohl’s Cares. This cause raises money to benefit children’s health and educational initiatives across the country. Kohl’s Cares offers hard covered books and coordinating loveable plush toys for an extremely reasonable price of $5 each!
This back to school season, Kohl’s offers exclusive Clifford books written by Norman Bridwell. The titles are Clifford The Big Red Dog, Clifford’s First Day School Day, Clifford The Firehouse Dog, and Clifford’s Birthday Party. These books are two-in-one books, which means that there are two Clifford stories that your kids will love and you’re getting more for your $.
Teagan’s favorite out of the collection is Clifford’s Birthday Party. Clifford receives a gift certificate for a haircut as a birthday present. Different characters out of the book imagine various hairstyles for Clifford. Teagan cracks up at seeing Clifford sport different hairdos. Another part of the book that Teagan loves is when Clifford’s family hides in a cake to surprise him on his Bday. We have two dogs and Teagan can relate to Emily Elizabeth’s love for Clifford.
Reading to young children gets them interested in learning and inspires them to read. My husband and I have been reading aloud to our daughter when she was in the womb. Even at five months she would focus intently on the pages we would turn together. She has a huge appetite for books. I’m proud to say that Teagan can read many words and basic sentences and she’s almost 4. In my opinion books are one of the best gifts to give to a child.
Kohl’s hasn’t forgotten the parents during this busy back to school season. They are offering the recipe book Fast Weeknight Favorites from Good Housekeeping. The book provides parents with quick and delicious recipes to help out during the busy school week.
Kohl’s selects wonderful titles for their Kohl’s Care program. I love the price and I love the cause. Thanks Kohl’s!
The Kohl’s Cares merchandise is available nationwide and online at Kohls.com from now through the end of September.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Kohl’s Care gift set. The set will include: Clifford plush toy, the four Clifford Books, and the cookbook. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 8/30/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, tell us who you would give this set to if you won AND tell us which Clifford character is your favorite! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Tell us about another Kohl’s Care program (click here).
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on Aug 30, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the mentioned products above from Kohl’s free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway items will be provided by Kohl’s. Kohl’s has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.