My D23 EXPO 2015 adventure continues here with Part 2, which covers the stores and merchandise, since Part 1 covered all things Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel, the theme parks, products and activities.
Let’s begin with the 3 main stores at D23 EXPO: Disney Store, Disney Dream Store and Mickey’s of Glendale.
Disney Store. This was the store everyone wanted to get into to. The line had a 3-4 hour wait during early part of the day, which would change to 2-3 hours as items sold out. The one thing I wanted to get from the store was the exclusive Tsum Tsums. Not only did they sell out pretty quickly, but I had a schedule to keep up with, so no chance of getting them. I was able to get a guided tour of the store by Erin and Jillian. So glad they were kind enough to make time in their busy schedule for me.
• Star Wars Elite series, Limited Edition, box set. Articulated die-cast figures, includes exclusive R2-D2 and C-3PO.
• Disney Fairytale Designer Collection. Each Limited Edition doll set features a hero and villain, like Peter Pan and Captain Hook.
• Items celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story.
• Vinyl Mickey Mouse Tsum Tsum was available for $5 with any purchase.
• Frozen’s Elsa, Limited Edition (of 150), adult costume and Frozen products.
• The Art of Jasmine collection of items, which include mugs, shirts, plates and jewelry.
• Collection of Minnie Mouse themed items.
• Disney•Pixar’s Cars had some items, which included Limited Edition die-cast vehicles and Collector’s Watch, along with pins, prints and smaller die-cast toys.
Disney Dream Store. This had the shortest and fastest line of the 3 stores. Here you would find D23 EXPO and Disney Theme Park merchandise. Had to go into this store twice to get something. Luckily there was almost no line at the time. Some items had already sold out or low stock when I went in a second time. There were some artist signings within the store and this pretty cool jacket with fiber-optic lights, that made animated fireworks.
• Star Wars: The Force Awakens shirts and Princess Kneesa Ewok plush.
• D23 EXPO and Star Wars: The Force Awakens pins.
• Disney and Marvel fine art and prints, along with some collector dolls and jewelry were at this store.
• Exclusive Vinylmation figures. Marvel’s Vision; Disney’s Jiminy Cricket. Star Wars Rebels Hera Syndulla and Kanan Jarrus.
• D23 EXPO shirts.
Mickey’s of Glendale. Another store that had a long line and wait time to get into. During D23 EXPO is the only time this store is open to the public. Here you could purchase Official Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise and pins and items designed by the Imagineers. Unfortunately, time got away from me and I was never able to make it into this store.
Along with these Disney stores, were booths housing other Disney retailers spread out on the show floor.
• Disney inspired shirts and an Exclusive plush everyday of the EXPO.
• Custom Mickey Mouse figures filled the wall on one side of the booth.
• Exclusive Limited Edition Cinderella and Prince Charming Itty Bitty and The Band Concert Keepsake Ornament.
• Disney•Pixar Cars Precision Series playsets, where you can build your own Radiator Springs. The Exclusive Big Al figure is a Limited Edition of 1000 and was sold out.
• An artist was putting together a Jelly Belly jellybean portrait of Yoda among the merchandise in their booth.
• Samples of decorated cakes inspired by Disney Princesses and Frozen. If I ever purchased these decorations, my cake decorations would never look as good as these.
Tsum Tsum vinyl figures. These figures will be available at Target stores this Fall. Figure packs with a mystery figure and accessory packs.
Disney Princess Cosmetic Castle Vanity. The case includes 2 cosmetic accessories, with additional available separately. Nail polish, Lip gloss, body glitter and hair mascara.
Disney pins are still a huge collector thing with multiple booths selling them. Saw some pretty cool ones, like these Starcade Tokens and Atari 2600 video game cartridge inspired ones. I did end up buying a Big Hero 6 set and a couple of Star Wars blind packs.
Here are a few more photos from the show floor:
These last 2 pics are from the breakfast panel for the Disney Shorts Collection that was at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel. Was a really nice day to have an early morning breakfast outside before a day at the EXPO.
If you didn’t make it out to D23 EXPO this year, then plan to make it to the EXPO in 2017. D23 EXPO is held every two years and will probably be at the Anaheim Convention Center again. Visit D23.com for more news and info.