I’ve been collecting ornaments for years. It all started when I was very young, getting them as gifts from my Godmother. I continued the tradition by purchasing one to two each year to mark an event that occurred during the year. From college, grad school and getting married, to having our first baby to moving, I pick an ornament for each step of the way. Hallmark always has a great selection of ornaments to help me mark each occasion, and honestly they comprise the clear majority of my collection. I was recently given the chance to choose a couple of ornaments from their 2011 line to review. I thought it would be great to get one for our family and one to add to my daughter’s new ornament collection (hopefully she will enjoy the tradition as much as I have).
For our family, I chose the Year to Remember photo holder ornament ($19.95). Since having kids, I love to get ornaments that double as a photo holder because I’m a firm believer of the old adage “A picture is worth a thousand words”. What is so great about this ornament is that you can also record a voice. In this case, I had my kids record the message, as theirs are the voices that will be changing so much from year to year.
For my daughter, I chose the 2011 Celebration Barbie™ Ornament ($17.95, In stores only). This ornament is the 12th in a series. She has a new love for Barbie dolls, and I thought this beautiful ornament would be a great reminder of this time.
I also love that both of these ornaments are well-designed so that pieces are not likely to break off. Yes, this has happened to me before and always a consideration when I’m purchasing my keepsakes for the year.
BUY IT: From Peanuts to Gone With Wind to Jolly Old St. Nick, they have a huge variety of ornaments available in-stores and on their website.
GIVEAWAY: Thanks to Hallmark, one (1) lucky That’s IT Mommy reader will win one (1) A Year to Remember Ornament (RV $19.95) PLUS winner’s choice of one additional Keepsake Ornament out of the stock Hallmark has available (list provided at close of giveaway). US Only, 18+ ends 12/11/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, tell us another ornament on their website that you think would brighten up your tree this Christmas. Leave your comment in the box below. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Hallmark on Facebook
- Follow Hallmark on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win Hallmark Ornaments via @thatsitmommy @HALLMARKPR http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=18861 #christmas #giveaway ends 12/11) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on December 11, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Winner will receive one (1) A Year to Remember Ornament (RV $19.95) PLUS their choice of one additional Keepsake Ornament out of the stock Hallmark has available. Once the winner has been selected we will provide a list of ornaments to choose from. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the ornaments mentioned to facilitate this review. Giveaway items will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.