I honestly don’t know who’s by my side more, my family or my camera! LOL. My camera goes just about everywhere I go. Taking pictures is fun but the black strap on my camera is just so boring. I’ve been researching straps that offer style and complement my femininity. I think moms can look stylish while photographing.
Photography is a way of life for many moms (and dads). Fortunately there are companies like Capturing Couture who offer unique and beautiful camera straps & accessories. “Founded by two working moms, one with an extreme fervor for design, the other with a profound passion for photography, Capturing Couture has revolutionized the accessories market with a collection of fashion forward camera straps for men and women.”
Capturing Couture generously offered me a choice of straps for review. I chose the Alicia Strap (pictured). I love the sky blue and floral pattern. The colors are vibrant and definitely stand out. The strap was easy to install and the velvet neck padding held the strap comfortably in place. I tend to wear the strap on my shoulder and this strap was the perfect width (1.5”) for my small shoulders. The strap is fashionable and feminine and I love it!
The straps range from $29.00 – $49.00 and they offer two width sizes 1.5” and 2”. The straps are adjustable so it will be a nice fit for anyone. The selection of straps offers something for everyone. You won’t find a plain black strap here. What you’ll find is flair, color and design. Do you know a dad who loves his camera and isn’t afraid to be fashionable? The Jason camera strap is a handsome choice.
Lisa Grim, co-owner of Capturing Couture, answers questions for That’s IT Mommy:
1) What do you love about your mom?
I love that she has always believed in me, and helped to set very high goals and encouraged ambitious dreams since I was very young. I feel this is a key factor in being a strong, independent woman in today’s society and knowing that there is nothing I can’t accomplish if I set my mind to it. She has always been my #1 fan, and has turned into a great friend as I get older. She always believed that women can accomplish anything – we are born with an amazing work ethic and ability to multi-task.
2) What do you love about being a mom?
I love supporting and encouraging my daughters to dream big in life, and go for whatever things they want to accomplish. They are each unique individuals and I love seeing them grow into their own personalities with different strengths. The funny things they say and do every day is awe inspiring, and can’t wait for the next surprise to come. I hope to not only always be their mom, but also their friend and confidant as they mature into independent strong women one day, just like my mom taught me.
3) What or who inspired you to start your own business?
The inspiration to start this business came from many years of creative passion all our lives, combined with industry expertise and collaboration both from the photography angle and fashion industry. We saw a niche and valid hole in the market that we could fill in a completely unique way.
4) What advice do you have for women who are afraid to start their own ventures?
I believe starting your own venture, no matter how big or small is an amazingly rewarding experience for all women. No matter what the overall size of the business becomes, being able to express yourself and your internal passion is priceless and helps women feel rewarded in a completely different way.
One (1) winner will win a Signature 1.5″ SLR Camera Strap (pictured above).
MAIN ENTRY – Why do you love photography? Let us know in the comment box below this post.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Extra entries – Lots of ways to earn more entries. Please, leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
* 3 Extra Entries –What is your favorite photography tip? (leave 2 comments #1, #2)
* 1 Extra Entry – Like Capturing Couture on Facebook and let us know.
* 1 Extra Entry – Follow Capturing Couture on Twitter and let us know.
* 1 Extra Entry – Like us on Facebook and let us know.
* 1 Extra Entry – Follow us on Twitter and let us know.
* 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. – Win a beautiful Capturing Couture camera strap from via @thatsitmommy #GIVEAWAY http://wp.me/pAWsG-UI
(Let us know that you tweeted in a separate comment. Come back daily!)
* 1 Extra Entry – Follow us on Networked Blogs
* 2 Extra Entries – Subscribe to our RSS feed or by email (or let us know if you already subscribe and leave 2 comments #1, #2)
* 3 Extra Entries – Have a Blog? Blog about this giveaway and leave the url of your post in a separate comment below (leave 3 separate comments).
This giveaway will run through midnight on June 7, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before June 9, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+).
* That’s IT Mommy received a camera strap to facilitate this review. Tee of That’s It Mommy is purchasing this strap for the winner.
This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service.
The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.