What mom doesn’t love handmade goods? Whether the gift is from a child or an artist, hand crafted gifts are made with love and care! With Mother’s Day right around the corner, Bale and Twine is the place to go for handcrafted goods. Suzanne is a mom who created Bale and Twine as a place to showcase her work and the work from her artist friends.
The first item we checked out were the Bale and Twine candles. I love candles and Bale and Twine’s Chocolate Fudge Soy Candle ($15) is delightful! My house smelled like baked goods. The candle did not have an overpowering perfume scent like some paraffin candles do. I prefer soy wax over paraffin since it’s natural and made from renewable resources. The mason jar that the candle is in can be reused to store items once your done with the candle.
Bale and Twine also handcrafts jewelry. Their earrings, necklaces and pendants are made from Japanese silver clay that renders as Pure Silver once fired. Doesn’t that sound really cool? I received Bale and Twine’s Baregoods Pure Mini Silver Initial (3/8” diameter) with the initial “T”. I layered this piece over a customized pendant of Teagan’s picture. Very sweet! I plan to pass this pendant along to Teagan when she’s older. The pendant would also look lovely on a bracelet.
The last item I received was a few of Bale & Twine’s handmade soaps. My favorite scent was the Coconut Orange (I love tropical scents). The soap was moisturizing and had a nice lather. I also like decorating my bathroom with nice soaps. They add to the décor and also add a nice scent. They make the soap in small batches with few ingredients, and I love the rough, natural cut they come in.
All of the items I received are shipped in attractive packing and they would make wonderful gifts for any mom for Mother’s Day or even treat yourself! Bale & Twine also offers attractive scarfs along with other handmade gifts. I felt good about using the products and I highly recommend this online store to you. Support artists and their wonderful creations.
Suzanne is the sole employee and talented woman behind Bale & Twine. I’m truly inspired! Her goal is to give back to charities each month. In March Bale & Twine gave back to charities that support Global Giving. Suzanne of Bale & Twine cares about what you are putting on your body so you can be confident about Bale & Twine products and what’s going on your skin (as well as your families!).
GIVEAWAY: Bale & Twine is offering one (1) That’s IT Mommy reader a Lilac Soap and Candle Gift Set (U.S. only, 18+). Ends 5/8.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY – To enter, what products other than those mentioned in our review do you like at www.baleandtwine.com. Leave your comments in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Bale and Twine on Facebook
- Follow Bale and Twine on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Win a Lilac Soap and Candle Gift Set! via @ThatsITMommy @BaleandTwine http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=11658 #giveaway #mothersday) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
This giveaway will run through midnight on May 8, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. We did receive the items mentioned in this post for review purposes. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.