Puzzles had been a favorite quiet-time activity for my girls, but I honestly haven’t brought any new ones into our house since the girls graduated from the traditional wooden-board early learning puzzles. We recently received the “Pieces of History” – Pharaoh’s Egypt interactive puzzle by Find It and was a great way to spend some quality time with the girls, whenever we had a few spare minutes.
They had never done a large-scale puzzle – this one has 300 pieces, so it was interesting to see how they approached the task of fitting pieces together. Once I showed them how to separate the pieces into categories by edges and colors, they were off and running…or sitting, to be more exact. Pharaoh’s Egypt is wonderfully illustrated, and has a beautiful frame around the picture of an Ancient Egyptian river and marketplace scene.
The frame has forty different objects around the edges that are incorporated within the puzzle itself. Once the puzzle was completed, it turned into a Find It game, where the girls had to look for the various objects.
The part that I liked best was that the puzzle came with a key explaining the objects found around the border, with just enough information to be historically accurate, while not turning kids off to school-related information.
The scene itself definitely covers all the bases of what any student who is studying Ancient Egypt will learn about, from the clothes, to the rafts, the foods to the animals, the homes to the plant-life – this puzzle has it all!
The “Pieces of History” Interactive Puzzle series has two additional offerings – On Dry Ground, which tells the story of the crossing of the Red Sea, and The Parade of Animals. The puzzles retail for $13.00 and can be found at http://www.finditgames.com/.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a jigsaw puzzle or On the Farm game, winner’s choice. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 2/25/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit http://www.finditgames.com/and tell us about another product your kids would enjoy! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Find It Games on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a FIND IT GAMES jigsaw puzzle or On The Farm game via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=22153 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on February 25, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received Pieces of History – Pharaoh’s Egypt puzzle from Find It Games free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.