I was first introduced to the Boudreaux’s line of baby products during a baby shower for my now 4-year-old girl. At first, I honestly thought it was a gag gift. “Boudreaux’s Butt Paste”…this can’t be for real, right?! On the contrary, it was one of my good friend’s go to diaper rash cream. All right, I thought. It couldn’t hurt to give it a try.
I love love love this stuff. Or should I say, both my kids’ bottoms love this stuff. I love it so much, it made my list of Mommy Must Haves for the 1st Year (click here for full story). I had always just used the original version of the Butt Paste, but Blairex, the company that makes the Boudreaux’s line, recently sent us their most popular creams, body wash and rash protector spray to review.
I was very pleased by all of their products they sent over. The Natural Butt Paste is a new favorite. It’s white in color, goes on clear, and is practically unscented. I thought I’d never use anything but the Original, however the Natural version has worked just as well for my sensitive little guys bum, without the odor. Mind you, the scent of the original never actually bothered me (it smells way better than other ones out there on the market)…until I realized there was an effective alternative.
The Rash Protector spray also had a nice, light scent. Although I wasn’t quite sure if I was supposed to use it instead of the Butt Paste (that’s what I ended up doing), or in addition to it. It did work well on it’s own, as Brendan didn’t have any redness or irritation on the subsequent diaper changes. Phew! I used this as a stand alone and loved that it not only kept the redness at bay, it also kept the cream off of my hands. It was perfect in the diaper bag, when I only had a baby wipe and hand sanitizer to clean up with!
Lastly, they sent us their Boudreaux’s Butt Bath and Baby Kisses. I liked to use these in conjunction with one another, since these past couple of months have been rather dry and making all of our skin in desperate need of moisture! The bubble bath is nicely scented during the bath, and doesn’t leave a “perfumey” smell on my little guy after bath time is over. And importantly, it is a tear-free formula!
Brendan’s skin did great with all the products reviewed. He does have sensitive skin, so I am always wary of ever trying new products. No redness thankfully occurred with Boudreaux’s and I have found some new favorites to help during diaper changes and bathtime.
Boudreaux’s helps to treat and prevent diaper rash. Boudreaux’s Butt Paste was specifically formulated by a pharmacist with direction from a respected pediatrician to provide effective diaper rash care. It has been featured on Oprah, the Tonight Show, the Today Show, in People Magazine and more. It comes in many convenient sizes (1 oz., 2 oz, 3 oz, 4 oz tubes, 16 oz. Jar and single foil pack). You can find more information on the entire Boudreaux’s line here.
Buy IT: Call 1-800-BLAIREX (1-800-252-4739) or (812) 378-1864 to find a location near you or click here to order on-line from Drugstore.com. You can also find it at fine retailers nationwide, such as Target and CVS.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a gift pack of all the items in this review courtesy of Blairex. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 6/25/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, tell us your favorite bath-time game to play with your kids OR a trick you use to stop them from squirming during diaper changes. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Boudreaux’s on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a Boudreaux’s Baby Gift Pack via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=13324 #giveaway #baby) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on June 25, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy did receive the product mentioned to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.