I’m always looking for new products to try that might make my life easier or that my kids would enjoy. Since I’m returning to work soon, I’ve been eyeing various baby bottles to transition him to. Since I’ve been breastfeeding my son, it’s important for me to find a bottle he will take to easily! I was recently sent a 9-ounce Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottle to review. The bottle is designed to mimic the feel of the breast, thus making it ‘closer to nature’. I love that the company promotes breastfeeding and tried to design a bottle around this. It’s comfortable to hold and is easy to clean—I just disassemble all the parts and throw them in a dishwasher basket. Before the first use, I sterilized the bottle, bottle parts and nipples in boiling water then followed up in the dishwasher. The boiling water method caused cloudiness in the bottle and nipple, which I haven’t been able to get rid of, though.
The company also recommends care taken when cleaning the anti-colic nipple valve, as it’s manufactured using a thinner silicone than the nipple itself and care should be taken to ensure no damage is caused. It states to not use a bottle brush, as this may split or damage it.
- Nipple mimics natural feel, flex and movement of breastfeeding
- Allows for easy transition between breast and bottle
- Wide neck nipple for ease of latching on
- Anti-colic, Anti-gas, and advanced easi-vent™ nipple valve
- BPA and Phthalate Free
- Has graduations in mls and ounces
- Hygiene cap seals the nipple for travel
- Top rack dishwasher safe
Our experience: Brendan didn’t take to the bottle at the first attempt. I must admit, I think this was user-error as the milk was a bit on the cold side. I’m not used to giving him a bottle..what can I say! Upon warming it up a bit more, the second attempt was much more successful and he finished the bottle without incident. As you can see above, he was a happy camper!
Tommee Tippee is a UK-based company that has made it’s way across the pond. They are Britain’s #1 baby feeding brand. They offer feeding products through all stages of development. There products can be purchased at Babies R Us and Amazon for $10.99.
GIVEAWAY: Tommee Tippee has kindly offered one (1) That’s IT Mommy reader a 9-ounce bottle of their own – ends 9/18
REQUIRED ENTRY – Visit http://www.tommeetippee.us and tell us another great Tommee Tippee product you see on their website. Come back here and leave a comment in the reply box below this post.
Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count
Optional Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Follow Tommee Tippee on Twitter (1 extra)
- Like Tommee Tippee on Facebook (1 extra)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Check us out on Facebook (let us know who you are) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Blog about this giveaway and tell us why you want to win (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Get your baby Closer to Nature via @ThatsITMommy @TommeeTippee_na http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=6125 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on September 18, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before September 20, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the bottle mentioned in this post to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.