I love art! I’m a graphic designer, studied photography and took tons of art classes. Therefore, it’s only natural that many of my projects with my daughter are art based. I’ve introduced many types of mediums to her and lately I’ve been looking for products that are natural and non-toxic. I came across Clementine Art. Based in Boulder, CO Clementine Art is a company that offers art products that are “Natural, Fresh and Real”!
We received their natural paint set to review. The set consists of six jars of tempera paint, which retails for $13.99. They are colored with Mayan mineral earth pigments and the colors definitely have pleasing, deep earth tones.
For our art project, we started off with a self-portrait. Teagan can be a serious painter with her apron and easel. Teagan sampled all the rich colors and seemed to favor the blue and purple colors. Teagan’s brush strokes were smooth and the paint was never clumpy.
We did a couple of other projects. Teagan painted a cardboard box and reused toiler paper rolls. The box would be great to store knickknacks or to pack a gift in. We also used toiler paper rolls to create homemade binoculars. We painted the tubes and paper clipped the ends together. Viola! Quick and simple!
Tempera dries quickly and I noticed that Clementine paint dried into bright almost fluorescent shades of pink and yellow on the cardboard pieces. A small drop of paint goes a long way. We’ve done numerous projects since we received the set and we still have a good amount of paint to go through. Clementine paint is easy to clean with soap and water. Parents can feel good about using these products that are free from chemicals and dyes.
I’m a firm believer in enriching our children’s lives through all the Fine Arts. It’s unfortunate that so many art and music programs have been cut from school curriculum. Art is a necessity to balance their learning process. Kids can be kids when creating. No pressure to conform or stress about homework. Art is simple and is therapeutic. Fortunately we have companies like Clementine Art for nourishing a child’s creative side and helping parents feel comfortable about safe products they use.
Clementine Art products are great for kids 3+.
Visit the Clementine Art blog http://clementineboulder.blogspot.com/ for wonderful art projects and fun posts. This blog is written by the company founder, Diana Mercer
GIVEAWAY: Clementine Art has generously offered two (2) That’s IT Mommy readers a product of their choice – ends 9/8
REQUIRED ENTRY – Visit http://www.clementineart.com/ and tell us what product you would choose if you won. Come back here and leave a comment in the reply box below this post.
Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count
Optional Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Share a fun art project with us (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow Clementine Art on Twitter (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Check out Clementine Art on Facebook (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Check us out on Facebook (let us know who you are) (1 extra)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway and tell us why you want to win (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I entered the Clementine Art giveaway! via @thatsitmommy & @clementineart Natural, Fresh and Real! http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=5832 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on September 8, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before September 10, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the paint set mentioned in this post to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.