Casio is a name that’s been around forever! My mom loved picking out watches for my dad and she always selected Casios. I still remember the silver watch that he wore. It had a thick-linked band and he had it for years. Casio’s timeless watches can be worn for any occasion and their products have come a long way. Talk about cutting edge! Some of their watches are solar powered, pick up radio signals and they’re still look great! Casio also has an expensive collection of timepieces that offers something for everyone.
Waveceptor description: With Casio’s non-stop, self-adjusting Waveceptor Timepieces, you don’t have to worry about replacing batteries because they’re Solar Powered. Now you’ll have the confidence of always knowing the correct time via Atomic Timekeeping Technology. Several times per day these watches receive the official US government time via time calibration signals from the atomic transmitter in Ft. Collins, CO. This eliminates the need to manually set the time & date, adjust for daylight saving time or leap years once the users home city is set. The watch also features a Black Resin Band and a Neutral Face.
* Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, Japan)
* Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
* Auto receive function (up to 6 times per day)
* Manual receive function
* Signal: US WWVB, Japan JJY40/JJY60
* Frequency: US 60kHz, Japan 40/60kHz
* Tough Solar Power
* 2 Languages: English and Japanese
* 100M Water Resistant
* LED Light with Afterglow
* World Time
* 29 time zones (30 cities), city code display, daylight saving on/off
* 3 Daily Alarms
* 1/100 second stopwatch
* Measuring capacity: 00’00.00″- 00’59.99″ (for the first 60 seconds)
01’00”- 99’59” (after 60 seconds)
* Measuring Unit: 1/100 Second (for the first 60 seconds)
1 Second (after 60 seconds)
* Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
* Hourly Time Signal
* Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
* 12/24 Hour Formats
* Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
* Storage Battery CTL1616
* Power Saving Function
* Battery Power Indicator
· Approx. battery life: 5 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will win a WVA430J-1A (Waveceptor) Timepiece (RV $140). This giveaway is open to US and Canada only (18+). Ends 6/12/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, tell us about the special dad you would give this watch to you if you won. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Visit Casio.com and tell us about another timepiece that you like. (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win Dad a Casio Waveceptor Timepiece (RV140) via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=12852 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on June 12, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation or product for this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.