Thomas & Friends: Creaky Cranky—available NOW from HIT Entertainment/Lionsgate.
Features a full-length DVD.
DVD SRP: $14.98.
Feature running time: 50 minutes
Thomas and his friends deliver cargo-loads of fun in this collection of uplifting episodes! Ride along as Thomas helps to deliver mail, mend engines, and prepare for the Spring Party on the Island of Sodor. Watch as Thomas learns that it pays to listen to advice, there’s more to a train than its undercoat, and that sometimes it takes a team of friends to reach your true destination.
Teaching timeless life lessons such as discovery, friendship and cooperation, the Thomas & Friends animated series invites children to enter a world of imagination through the tracks of a train and the words of a story.
This DVD includes 4 never-before-seen episodes on the island of Sodor in full CG Animation and is hosted by Driver Perkins:
- Thomas challenges Cranky the Crane to see who can lift the heaviest loads.
- Thomas took the loads of all the other trains and took them to Cranky at the docks rather than deliver them to the right place. Thomas also thinks of the ultimate challenge for Cranky.
- Both Cranky and Thomas were scolded by Sir Topham Hatt for the big mess they had created. Thomas works hard to make amends.
- In this episode, James was being repainted, but before they could put on his red topcoat, he was sent to pick up Sir Topham Hatt’s granddaughter for a birthday party.
- James was teased by all the other engines, but eventually came to terms with his new color and made it to pick up all the kids and all is well.
- Thomas was put in charge of the Sodor Steamworks to do a very important job. He doesn’t listen carefully and the engines that come in don’t get the proper work done.
- A big mess results, but Thomas learns his lesson and is able to fix everything by listening to the engines.
- Thomas fulfills his dream of delivering the mail when Percy pops a piston.
- He was so excited, that he tooted his horn all around the island. But the problem was, he woke up everyone on the island in the wee hours of the morning. All of the trains and other equipment on the island started to fall asleep on the job, making silly mistakes on the job.
- Thomas visited Percy at the Steamworks to learn the right way to deliver the mail. The next morning, Thomas did everything right and learned a very important lesson.
Also includes the bonus “Sound Song” Karaoke Music Video.
Our thoughts: Kieran loved the Tickled Pink episode best (typical girl!). She couldn’t stop asking me “Why is James pink?”, even though the DVD was off. I am a fan of the Early Bird episode and am going to try to use the lessons learned to get her to a later wake up time in the morning–wish me luck!
Music, Music Everywhere—available NOW from HIT Entertainment/Lionsgate.
Features a full-length DVD AND Bonus Music CD.
DVD SRP: $14.98.
Feature running time: 55 minutes
Includes the following episodes:
Barney – “Play Piano With Me”
- Fans of these preschool favorites will also join the alphabet parade and attend a park concert with Barney,
- Features a bigger-than-life piano that the kids play with their feet.
Bob the Builder – “Roley’s Important Job”
- Bob the Builder in stop motion claymation.
- Enjoy music on the construction site with Bob and his Can-Do Crew
- They fix up an Italian Deli and create a song for the opening.
Thomas & Friends – “Tuneful Toots”
- “Peep Peep!” along with Thomas
- Rusty takes the brass band on an unplanned trip and runs out of fuel.
- The band and Rusty come up with a plan for everyone to find them, involving lots of music!
- Rusty learns to be proud of his unique horn.
·Kipper – “Arnold’s Drum”
- Drum up the fun with Kipper and his pals
- Arnold plays the drum during Kipper’s picnic
- Kipper and his pals want it quiet and comes up with plans to keep Arnold busy.
- Eventually, everyone joins in making some music.
· Angelina Ballerina – “Angelina’s Musical Day”
- Bonus Episode from Angelina Ballerina’s CGI Animated Series.
- Accessed through the bonus features (note: does not come up on Auto Play)
- Miss Mimi loses her voice.
- Angelina and friends act out the story of Peter and the Wolf set to music.
PLUS Bonus CD features five fun songs: “P-I-A-N-O,” “Good Manners,” “Roll Call,” “Narrow Gauge” and “The Next Steps Theme Song.”
Our thoughts: No surprise here, Kieran is a big Angelina fan and I knew she’d like this one best. She further honed her British accent while twirling and leaping along with Angelina. We also had fun with Barney since we are familiar with most of the songs. We enjoyed singing along with all the characters. She started singing along right away to the first song, “Have you ever seen a lassie?” Our 4 month old squealed with delight during our singing and dancing.
– That’s IT Mommy friends, Heather and Kieran
GIVEAWAY: One (1) copy of Thomas & Friends™: Creaky Cranky DVD and One (1) copy of Music, Music Everywhere (Winner will get BOTH DVD’s)
MAIN ENTRY – Answer these 2 questions: Who is your favorite character from Thomas & Friends? Who is your favorite character featured in Music, Music Everywhere (leave your comments in the comment box below this post).
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Sign up for Hit Entertainment’s Newsletter! (leave 3 separate comments, #1, #2, #3). Look for their newsletter button located at the bottom of their site.
- Sign up for Thomas & Friends newsletter (bottom of page) (leave 3 separate comments, #1, #2, #3).
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed or email (or tell us that you already do) (1 extra)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are) (1 extra)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways. (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – WIN Thomas & Friends™: Creaky Cranky and Music, Music Everywhere DVDs via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=5197 #giveaway) – come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on August 4, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before August 6, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a copy of the DVDs mentioned in this post to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.