What mom doesn’t like accessorizing their daughter’s hair? Even babies will little to no hair can be stylish! I do have to say that I’m not a big fan of big bows and headbands but I love to add hair clips to Teagan’s hair. I’ve been scouring Etsy for cute clips since Teagan was an infant. I tend to go for the petite alligator non slip clips. Teagan has fine hair and the no slippy clips were perfect. Unique patterns, cute designs and colors that complimented Teagan’s hair and wardrobe are the ones that caught my eye. Unfortunately, my favorite Etsy shop closed up.
Luckily, something else came up. I was excited when Michellene of Princess Couture Designs contacted me about her hair accessories. Yes, Princess Couture Designs offer big bows and headbands but they also offer a generous collection of clip sets. Michellene hand makes all her creations and
they’re available in different clip styles and ribbon colors. Her styles are thoughtful, feminine and fun!
We received the Berry Pretty set (3 clips) and the Lady Bug Blossoms clip. I love the added touches on the various clips: beads, tool and decorative crystal buttons. Many of her pieces remind me of vintage hats with netting. The Blossom piece is bigger and weighs slightly more than the other clips. I actually clipped this one to the back of Teagan’s hair over a ponytail. Teagan’s favorite was the pink and white bow. She refused to take it off and then hid it on me. This bow is the perfect size but it seems to be MIA.
I plan on ordering more for Teagan and order a few for her friends. The quality is superb and Michellene’s designs are classy and feminine. The best part is the low prices. They’re handmade, adorable and affordable!
Love, Tee and Teagan
Learn more about Michellene and the inspiration behind Princess Couture Designs:
1) What do you love about your mom? I love that my mom is my best friend and role model.
She’s always there for me and I can ask her anything.
2) What do you love about being a mom? I love everything about being a mom, even dirty diapers.
When my little princess smiles at me when I get home from work its like nothing else in the world matters. I love that she loves me unconditionally despite my flaws.
3) What or who inspired you to start your own business?
My daughter was inspiration behind starting my business. I began making my accessories for her and have since branched out. When she was little I would look for the perfect accessory and if it just wasn’t out there or if I found it was way over priced, I began think to myself that I can make that. Since then I’ve been going full speed ahead.
4) What advice do you have for women who are afraid to start their own ventures?
Be realistic in your expectations. Don’t expect to get rich off it tomorrow. Don’t expect it to take off right from the get go. It takes work and patience but if you’re passionate about it then it will pay off.
Win a $15 credit to Princess Couture Designs. Winner can choose from existing sets or work together with Michellene to create a custom set.
MAIN ENTRY – Visit Princess Couture Designs and tell me which hair accessories are your favorite. Come back here and leave your comment in the comment box below. (Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Extra entries – Lots of ways to earn more entries. Please, leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
* 2 Extra Entries – Like Princess Couture designs on Facebook (leave 2 separate comments, #1, #2)
* 1 Extra Entry – Follow us on Twitter and let us know.
* 1 Extra Entry – Like on us on Facebook and let us know.
* 1 Extra Entry – Follow us on Networked Blogs
* 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to our RSS feed or by email (or let us know if you already subscribe).
* 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. – Win a $15 credit to Princess Couture Designs. Beautiful handmade hair accessories via @thatsitmommy http://wp.me/pAWsG-UD #GIVEAWAY
** Let us know that you tweeted in a separate comment. Come back daily!
* 2 Extra Entries – Have a Blog? Blog about this giveaway and leave the url of your post in a separate comment below.
This giveaway will run through midnight on May 26, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before May 28, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review.
* We received hair accessories to facilitate this review.
This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service.
The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.