I am constantly toting around my camera so technically that makes it an accessory. My accessories should reflect my personal style so my camera shouldn’t look like everyone else’s. Right? Obviously I can’t alter the look of the camera. A Nikon is a Nikon BUT my strap can have a look of it’s own thanks to The Sweet Strap.
The Sweet Strap is an Etsy shop that makes slip covers for SLR camera straps. They measures about 23″ x 2.25″ (58.5 x 5.7cm). The openings are wide enough to fit standard Nikon / Canon (1.5″ / 3.81cm wide) SLR or DSLR. The Sweet Strap recommends measuring your strap to be sure it will fit. The slipcovers come in a variety of different fabrics with minky or without. Minky is a very soft fabric that will prevent your camera strap from irritating your neck. Or you can get a slightly padded strap for more comfort.
I chose a small black,white and pink flowered print with a pink minky. I LOVE it. The pattern is awesome and the minky feels so good on my neck. There are so many to choose from that I guarantee that anyone can find one they like. Although most of the slip covers tend to be a little girly there are some more masculine choices such as a skull and crossbones print in red and black.
You just unhook your camera strap and the cover slides right over it. That way you know that your strap is still the factory strap, which makes me feel like it is never going to break, but it doesn’t look like every other factory strap. My camera is now an accessory. The straps retail starting at $11 and $20 for minky backed straps. These will make a great gift for any of your photographer friends or family members.
You can view all of the straps: www.etsy.com/shop/TheSweetStrap
GIVEAWAY: Liz at The Sweet Strap has kindly offered one (1) That’s It Mommy reader any one (1) padded or minky backed strap cover ($18-20 value) or two slipcovers ($22 value).
REQUIRED ENTRY – To enter just visit The Sweet Strap shop on www.Etsy.com and tell us your product. Come back here and leave a comment in the reply box below this post.
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment.
- Add The Sweet Strap on Etsy to your favorites (let us know you did) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Check us out on Facebook (let us know who you are) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Blog about this giveaway and tell us why you want to win (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did(3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Win a minky camera strap cover or two camera strap slipcovers from The Sweet Strap. http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=7068 via @ThatsITMommy) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on November 4, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to Continental U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the camera strap cover mentioned in this post. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.