Nutella is sooo good. I first tried it 11 years ago on a trip to Austria with my husband. It’s so tasty I could eat this delicious hazelnut spread straight from the jar. I try not to though since it is high in calories. Apparently, I’m not the only one who loves Nutella. Looks like February 5th is the 4th annual World Nutella Day! www.nutelladay.com.
I came across this Nutella French Toast recipe via @YouCanCookThis on Twitter. I made it that same morning for my husband and daughter. This recipe is simple and the results are scrumptious.
Nutella French Toast (serves 2)
- 4 slices of bread (white is fine, but brioche is better)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
* Make buttered Nutella sandwiches out of the bread. Cut each one in half diagonally
* Whisk the eggs with the milk and sugar (and cinnamon if using) until they’re combined
* Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture and press lightly to let the egg soak in
* Fry in light oil until crispy (about 2 minutes per side)
* Serve with chopped strawberries, and a light dusting of confectioners’ (icing) sugar for extra fanciness
*We did not receive compensation for this post. We just wanted to let you know because this recipe is easy and yummy.