ALL THE BELOVED CHARACTERS
FROM THE HUNDRED ACRE WOOD ARE BACK!
DELIGHTFUL ALL-NEW MOVIE COMES HOME TO BLU-RAY™
DVD AND MOVIE DOWNLOAD OCTOBER 25th
I was thrilled to receive a review copy of the new film “Disney Winnie The Pooh!” The film premiered this past summer and now is available on DVD+ Blu-ray. What do we think? A-dor-able! This film just reinforced our love for Winnie. But seriously, who doesn’t love Winnie the Pooh and his friends?
The movie starts off in Christopher Robin’s real life bedroom and then it moves us into an animated set of Green Acre Woods. Eyore loses his tael (tail) and that’s when the groups’ adventures begin! This movie oozes cuteness plus messages of working as a team and friendship which is refreshing for me as a mom. The storyline is witty and interesting for both young and old. My daughter and I have watched this movie a few times and we love it more with every viewing. Does Winnie the Pooh give in to his tummy or does he help his friend? You’ll have to find out for yourself!
I loved that this is a “retro” hand drawn animation with a splash of modern visuals. The characters have exchanges with John Cleese, the narrator. Winnie the Pooh, Eyeore and Piglet can be seen walking off their scenes into the storybook pages and unraveling paragraphs! Fun effect! This truly is a G film that I don’t have to worry about my four-year-old watching. This film is short (only 60 minutes!) but definitely held our attention! It’s no surprise that m daughter loves this movie. She loves being read to and this movie has a story book feel to it. There are many memorable moments. My daughter is already quoting the movie: “The word is issue not achoo!” – Owl
Disney Winnie The Pooh is entertaining with charming characters and irresistibly catchy tunes! The music is definitely a hit in our home. Teagan wants to hear the “Tummy Song” over and over. I really like Zooey Deschanel’s “So Long”. I had no idea that she was a singer/songwriter and her voice definitely complimented this movie.
We watched the DVD all the way to the credits! My daughter wants to see the characters bumping, walking and hanging off the credits. She also even enjoys all the bonus features which shows us deleted scenes and extended songs. My favorite bonus feature is the short “The Ballad of Nessie”. The lesson in this short is awesome and I’m sure every child or grownup can learn from it: “Don’t be afraid to cry. It really is okay. Sometimes it’s through our tears that we find a better way.” So true!
I highly recommend Disney Winnie the Pooh and I feel this title would make a wonderful holiday gift!
Disney returns to the Hundred Acre Wood with “Winnie the Pooh.” Featuring the timeless charm, wit and whimsy of the original featurettes, this all-new movie reunites audiences with the philosophical “bear of very little brain” and friends Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet, Owl, Kanga, Roo – and last, but certainly not least, Eeyore, who has lost his tail. “Ever have one of those days where you just can‟t win, Eeyore?” asks Pooh. Owl sends the whole gang on a wild quest to save Christopher Robin from an imaginary culprit. It turns out to be a very busy day for a bear who simply set out to find some honey. Disney‟s all-new “Winnie the Pooh” movie is inspired by three stories from A.A. Milne‟s books in Disney‟s classic, hand-drawn art. – Follow the red balloon and changing word colors to seven song lyrics featured in the film.
Blu-ray ™Bonus Features:
· Exclusive bonus short “Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon” – In this charming short, Pooh comes up with a daring plan to get a hold of some honey by fooling a group of bees.
· “The Ballad of Nessie” – The animated short film included in the theatrical release is the heartwarming tale of how Nessie found her new home in the Loch Ness.
· “Winnie the Pooh and His Story Too” – A fun and informative behind-the-scenes look at the film, designed for the whole family. Hosted by John Cleese (narrator of the film), and with occasional help fromPooh himself, this featurette explores Winnie the Pooh’s history from his beginnings as a character in a book, to his continued life in the movies. The filmmakers reveal how they worked to keep the look of the characters and settings in this movie consistent with their first appearances on-screen in1966. Pooh, being a bear of very little mind, finds much of this confusing, but the Narrator and the filmmakers make it all clear to Pooh – and you!
· Deleted Scenes introduced by directors, Stephen Anderson and Don Hall – 5 deleted scenes including “The Tummy Song,” “”Rabbit’s Friends and Relations,” “Original Eeyore Intro,” “Original Tigger Intro” and “Pooh Searches for a Tail”
· Sing-Along with the Movie – Follow the red balloon and changing word colors to seven song lyrics featured in the film
· Disney Song Selection – “Winnie the Pooh Theme Song,” “The Tummy Song, “A Very Important Thing To Do,” “The Backson Song,” “It’s Gonna Be Great,” “Everything is Honey” and “The Winner Song Finale”
DVD Bonus Features:
· “Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon”
· “The Ballad of Nessie”
· Deleted scenes introduced by directors, Stephen Anderson and Don Hall – 3 deleted scenes including “The Tummy Song,” “”Rabbit’s Friends and Relations” and “Pooh Searches for a Tail”
Movie Download Bonus Features:
· “Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon”
· “The Ballad of Nessie”
· Deleted Scenes introduced directors. Stephen Anderson and Don Hall – 3 deleted scenes including “The Tummy Song,” “Rabbit’s Friends and Relations” and “Pooh Searches for a Tail”
How-to-Draw Pooh Video
View exciting trailers, video clips and more at www.Disney.com/WinnieThePooh
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Disney Winnie the Pooh Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 11/9/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, tell us which Winnie the Pooh character you love the most! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Winnie the Pooh on Facebook
- Follow Disney Animation on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Winnie the Pooh is on Blu-ray and DVD! Enter to win your copy via @thatsitmommy @disneyanimation http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=18101 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on November 9, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received Disney Winnie the Pooh DVD&Blu-ray from Disney free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.