Get ready to eat, play and have fun this summer! OC Fair is in town and this year’s theme is “Home Sweet Home”. There’s always so much to do and see at the fair and we always look forward to trying out the newest deep fried treats! The fair runs through until August 12th! So plan out your visit!
Here are some of the highlights from our day at the OC Fair:
Centennial Farm – Visiting the farm animals is a must. We “oohed” and “awwed” over new piglets in the pen area. Seeing the fluffy chicks and baby calves is always a treat for the kiddos as well. We also stopped at the Leather Workshop in the Millennium Barn. The kids created bracelets and key chains with Leather Artist Peter Riojas where they stamped their own designs, had them colored and then went home with some pretty cool souvenirs!
Family Fair Way – Best place to be if you have young children! Rides for kids 36″ and up can be found in this area. This is also where the Camp Fun Zone is located. Exhibits are geared toward young children and there’s also a big sand box area and crafts. There are also performances by a magician on the stage within Camp Fun Zone.
The Hanger – This is always a rest stop for us. We can sit in on live entertainment. Use restrooms or take a seat and rest your feet. The music is upbeat and the kids get some dancing in! Daytime shows are free but the night time featured acts (usually tribute bands) require tickets.
FOOD – Chicken Charlies is the place for deep fried goodies! This year breakfast cereal was on the menu. My husband decided to try out the deep fried Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It was really YUMMY! I wish the cereal stayed crunchier but we really enjoyed it. I did see signs for Nutella covered bacon. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I was way too full from lunch and Chicken Charlies!
Exhibits – Chocolate Unwrapped puts the “sweet” in Home Sweet Home. The sweet aroma of chocolate greets you as you learn how chocolate is made from bean to bar. Chocolate is made fresh and sold daily.
As a photographer and designer, the visual art exhibit always leaves me inspired! The photography section is always amazing and gives me creative ideas for the future!
There’s something for everyone at the OC Fair. Entertainment, shopping, food, carnival rides, games and more! I have to admit that this adventure can add up price-wise for families. Here are some tips to save without comprising the fun. Enjoy!
Save on Admission
- Kids Day – Every Thursday, children 12 and younger are free – all day!
(Thursdays, July 19, 26 & August 2, 9)
- Seniors Day –Senior family members (60 and older) can enjoy the Fair with the family for $2 off all day Fridays, plus free merry-go-round and Ferris wheel rides.
(Fridays, July 13, 20, 27 & August 3, 10)
- Rise & Shine – Admission is only $2 during the first hour Saturdays and Sundays.
(10 a.m.-11 a.m., July 14-15, 21-22, 28-29 & August 4-5, 11-12)
- We Care Wednesday – Help the community by donating through the Fair’s weekly community drives and receive free admission and one free carnival ride. Donations accepted from Noon-4 pm on: July 18 – 5 canned food items; July 25 – 1 new or 3 gently used children’s books; August 1 – 5 gently used items of clothing; and August 8 – 1 school supply worth at least $5.
Save Inside the Fair
- Taste of Fair Food: Every Friday from Noon-4 p.m., Fairgoers can sample their way through the Fair for only $2 a taste. Fair vendors will be selling samples of ice cream, pulled pork, shave ice, funnel cake, fried Oreos, sausage and more.
(Fridays, July 13, 20, 27 & August 3, 10)
- Read & Ride Program – Children (5-11) who submit a completed two-book report form available on ocfair.com will receive three free carnival rides.
- Carnival Promotions – Ultimate thrill-seekers can enjoy $30 unlimited ride wristbands on Wednesday and Thursday and $2 rides and games on Friday.
There are many free exhibits and family-friendly that are included with Fair admission! Check out ocfair.com and don’t forget to grab a Daily Events Calendar upon entry. OH, and OC Fair recognizes the all military (active and veterans). Daily free admission with an ID. LIke it!
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will a Family Four Pack of Tickets to the OC Fair. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 8/2/12.
*This giveaway will run through midnight on August 2, 2012 (EST). Winner will be chosen using Rafflecopter/Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to CA (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a blogger ticket packet from OC Fair free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.