A visit to Southern California’s Theme Park, Knott’s Berry Farm is on my calendar this summer! Families will be treated to new entertainment and new attractions that are just in time for summer break. Here are 5 reasons why you need to pack up the family to join Snoopy and the Peanut gang for some fun!
1) The classic Calico Mine Co. Ride has undergone a facelift! Join us at the park on June 28th for the re-opening! There are six trains that travel 1,080 feet of track carrying up to 1,500 passengers an hour. Look out for new animatronic figures, state of the art lighting and special effects throughout the ride.
2) Snoopy…Unleashed! is presented in the 2,100 seat Charles M. Schulz Theater which will have you cheering for more! I love all of the ice shows at Knott’s. The performers are top notch and who doesn’t want to see Snoopy on ice skates. Plus, the theater is the perfect spot to escape the heat.
3) Boom Town is back in Calico Square this summer. Guests will be in awe of 9 acrobats as they reenact what it was like to live in Calico back in the 1860s in Cirque style!
4) Camp Snoopy will celebrate 30 years on July 1! Yes, this area is turning the big 3-0 AND there are 3 new rides for the kiddos (open now)! That’s right, just when you thought that Camp Snoopy couldn’t get any better, the folks at Knott’s have added new kid-friendly rides, Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies, Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer and Linus Launcher. Make sure to hashtag your photos with #KnottsSummer so we can see your little ones soaring through Camp Snoopy!
5) After riding their new favorites, take a quick walk to the all-new Charlie Brown’s Happy Campers show in Camp Snoopy. Kids will jump to their feet, interact with the show and even snag a photo with the gang afterwards.
The fun doesn’t stop here! Guests will be treated to live performances throughout the park! Listen to music from Krazy Kirk & The Hillbillies, Big Fat Steve Band, or catch DJ Holwey spinning tunes and you can even put on your dancing shoes in Fiesta Village! Don’t forget to take a ride on the recently restored Timber Mountain Log Ride and take a spin in the expanded Boardwalk area!
BONUS! Knott’s have extended their hours from 10am to 10pm this summer, to allow guests optimal time to enjoy the park!
* The opinions in this article are my own. I do not work for, or with, any brand mentioned in this article, nor do I have any official relationship with them. I have a relationship with GigaSavvy, for whom I create original editorial content.