I’m not sure who is a bigger lover of art supplies in our household – me or my children. I get giddy at the scent and sight of newly sharpened crayons or a box of untouched watercolor paints. Thankfully my children share my enthusiasm and are always on board for our newest art adventure.
One of our favorite toy companies is a small, family-focused NY company called eeBoo. We recently reviewed one of their newer products eeBoo’s Stripped Biggie Color Pencils. A great set of 24 different jumbo color pencils and a pencil sharpener. Each of the pencils is embellished with bright, colorful foils and the box features illustrations by children’s book illustrator, Kevin Hawkes. You may be familiar with Kevin’s work from books like Librarian Lion, Sidewalk Circus, and Dragonfly Pool. Priced at $12.99, the Stripped Biggie Color Pencils can be purchased at online or at many specialty toy and gift shops.
One of my absolute favorite things about eeBoo is the packaging of their products. eeBoo commissions original art from acclaimed children’s book illustrators – many of whom have received the Caldecott medal, the New York Times Best Illustrated Book Award or other significant honors. It makes their products so special I don’t even want to wrap them when I give them as presents! And how better to be inspired to create great art than to have the materials themselves decorated by other artists!
eeBoo has a huge assortment of art supplies to help your kiddo discover their inner Van Gogh. Check out their website www.eeboo.com to see their full selection. My favorites picks to add to my art room are:
– A stack of their amazing selection of sketchbooks. These spiral bound books over endless choices in covers from fish and dragons, to circus and dancers.
– Fun metallic and fluorescent pencils to create art that jumps off the pages.
– Paper chain kits in an amazing selection of beautifully crafted patterned papers.
– A pom pom maker to craft our own custom sized and colored pom poms!
* Jill received the pencils mentioned in this post for editorial purposes. Her opinions are solely her own.