The Wolverine is back! Hugh Jackman bears his claws for another go as Wolverine, directed by James Mangold for this past summer’s blockbuster film, “The Wolverine”.
Wolverine is by far my favorite super hero ever. I was an avid comic collector in my youth and I was tearing into any and all Wolverine comics I could find. I also spent hours drawing him. So when I got a chance to attend an event on the Fox lot in celebration of the release of the Blu-ray and DVD, plus seeing the extended version on the big screen with the bonus of attending a Q&A with James Mangold, I became as excited as the kid who used to freak when the new Wolverine comic would arrive every month at the comic shop!
First, here’s what you can bring home December 3rd: A 4 disc Unleashed Extended Edition Blu-ray and DVD that includes 3D Blu-ray, Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital HD. There’s tons of interactive bonus material that involves synced viewing experiences and concept art.
The Wolverine follows our mutant Logan as he travels to Japan to pay respects to an old friend only to have his ability to heal, and immortality, stolen from him. The action picks up quick and this series is violent, dark and redeeming.
During the Q&A, director James Mangold unfolded his plan to make “The Wolverine” a sequel to X-Men: The Last Stand rather than X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The mood is kept dark and Logan wants no part of anything or anyone. Death is always looming, but the Wolverine can’t die. That is until he visits Japan.
With movie versions of comic characters often portrayed as total over-exaggerations, it was nice to hear how Mangold planned to dial a few elements back in regards to design and authenticity for The Wolverine. No more wig and a recreation of the claws make the character more raw and bothered. There is a humanistic theme that is sliced and diced with some incredible action sequences. It’s one of the best comic book movie adaptations I’ve seen and I hope James Mangold feels he can evolve with this amazing character (and portrayal by Jackman) that movie goers and fan boys alike truly love.
Get the 4 disc Unleashed Extended Edition (PG-13) Blu-ray and DVD December 3rd!
• Added Features included in THE WOLVERINE Unleashed Extended Edition – Blu-ray
• The Extended, Unrated Cut – the first for the X-Men franchise!
• THE WOLVERINE Unleashed – more violent and hardcore than ever before
• The Path of the Ronin – an immersive feature following the journey of a hero
• Alternate Ending
• Audio Commentary by Director James Mangold
• Sync with The Wolverine Second Screen App for an interactive Second Screen
• X-Men: Days of Future Past Set Tour
That’s IT Dad Sean
* This is not a sponsored post. Sean attended a screening and Q&A to facilitate this post. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.