Pocoyo, the fun-loving, curious little boy on the Nick Jr. show of the same name, is the Global Kids’ Ambassador for the World Wildlife Fund’s Earth Hour 2012. And he is spreading Earth Hour’s message to children around the world through activities and by participating in his own challenge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5usSE_pmULs.
What is Earth Hour?
Earth Hour 2012 takes place Saturday March 31 from 8.30p.m. to 9:30p.m. local time as individuals, businesses, governments and communities are invited to turn out their lights for one hour to show their support for environmentally sustainable action. This single moment of contemplation for the planet unites hundreds of millions of people each year in celebration of their year-round commitment to protect and preserve the planet.
How can you celebrate with POCOYO?
POCOYO will be also be featured in a new Public Service Announcement which will air on TV and online, and there are special POCOYO Earth Hour activity booklets available for downloading, as well as POCOYO Earth Hour screensavers and wallpapers for FREE at http://www.POCOYO.com/earth_hour_2012.html!
As part of the new 2012 Earth Hour campaign, Zinkia Entertainment introduced POCOYO’s Recycling Game, available through www.pocoyo.com, Earth Hour’s website (www.earthhour.org) and the Official POCOYO Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pocoyo).
Here are some “green” tips to adopt Earth Hour and every day!
- Turn off lights and all electronics when you leave a room to conserve energy
- Turn off lights and appliances at the wall when not in use
- Switch to energy-efficient light bulbs
- Use rechargeable batteries in toys
- Say no to disposable plastic water bottles and use refillable stainless steel alternatives
- Use dish towels instead of paper towels
- Don’t use disposable plates, utensils or napkins
- If you have stuff you no longer need, instead of throwing them away, minimize your waste footprint and donate to a charity or use a service that allows items to be donated or recycled such as www.palcycle.com
- Use the sunlight to warm up a room by keeping the blind and drapes open
- Close drapes and blinds when it’s too hot to keep a room cool
- Plant Native plants that require less water, care & maintenance
- Grow your own fruits & vegetables
- Start a compost
- Have a candlelight “family hour” at least once a week & play board games in lieu of TV.
- Ask kids to help sort the recycling and explain how this help to reduce waste
- Reduce your water use — Take shorter showers, turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, install water saving shower-heads and dual-flush toilets, repair dripping taps – all these things add up!
- Walk, use a bicycle or take public transportation
- Car pool to school and/or work
- Take a reusable cloth bag when you go shopping
- Buy local, seasonal produce and avoid unnecessarily packaged goods
- Choose Fair Trade products
- Share your “green tips” with friends
How to Participate in the Giveaway
To promote POCOYO’s Earth Hour initiatives, NCircle Entertainment is offering a giveaway copy of the new POCOYO DVD, FUN & GAMES. The DVD, which will be released on April 3 SRP: $12.99, features POCOYO, the fun-loving, curious little boy with a big personality. Watch as he explores, plays games and has fun with his friends Pato, Elly, Loula and Sleepy Bird. Viewers can join them as they stage their own version of the Olympics, create a magic show and ride the new, big, scary slide in the playground.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy readers will receive the new POCOYO DVD, FUN & GAMES. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 4/4/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, watch POCOYO’s Earth Hour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5usSE_pmULs and tell us about your earth friendly habits. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- “Like” POCOYO on Facebook
- Follow POCOYO on Twitter
- “Like” Earth Hour on Facebook
- Follow Earth Hour on Twitter
- Follow NCircle Entertainment on Twitter
- LIKE NCircle Entertainment on Facebook
- Follow Trees for the Future Org on Twitter
- Follow palcycle.com on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on April 4, 2012 (PST). Winners will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review.That’s IT Mommy received the Pocoyo DVD free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor.Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.