Who doesn’t like a new bauble, or bracelet, earrings or ring? I just happen to be a huge fan of bracelets, all kinds of bracelets. Old ones, new ones, gold ones, silver ones, sparkly ones, leather-strappy ones – it honestly doesn’t matter to me, I wear at least one bracelet every single day. When I found out that I had the chance to try a piece of jewelry from Cool Water Gems and saw the “bracelets” tab, I tried to venture into their other categories – necklaces, earrings, rings, glass tile pendants and feather earrings. I found pieces that were absolutely beautiful – the feather earrings were amazing, and with prices ranging from $14-$22, I thought they were absolutely reasonable.
But then, I did the inevitable, I clicked on the “bracelets” tab. Actually, they have two different kinds of bracelets – wrap bracelets, and the more traditional style of bracelets, including cuffs, and many with lobster claw clasps, which, being a teacher, is really important to me, because I’d hate to lose one of my treasures! As I made my way through the wrap bracelets, I was amazed by the variety of colors that they offered. They had the classic sea glass tones, but also had beautiful bracelets with pops of color that I knew would be fantastic additions to my collection. And then I did it, I went to their collection of over 40 different traditionally styled bracelets, and was in shopping paradise! They have a great variety of colors and styles to chose from, so narrowing it down to one wasn’t going to be easy. After pouring over the bracelets, showing them to my friends and kids, I was finally able to narrow my choice down to four choices.
As much as I loved these three, it was love at first sight for my brand new, red beaded, vintage silver charmed, bracelet. When it came in the mail, I was pleasantly surprised at the whole – What? Something for me? Wrapped in ribbons? Yay!!! Plus, there was a hand-written note from Renee and Angela, the mother/daughter jewelry making team who create all the fabulous pieces. Renee is a mom of 7 (wow!) and Angela is a senior in high school who, according to her bio on the website would really like to make hair pieces – GO FOR IT! I say, if they are anything like the fabulous jewelry these two ladies are putting out, I can only imagine how cool the hair piece will be! And finally…here it is…the latest bracelet in my collection, and I absolutely love it. The tones of reds and oranges are perfect for fall and I love the vintage style of the charms. The bracelet is very light in weight, which is nice, compared to some of the other charm-style bracelets I have. I think it’s because the beads are very light and the design on the charms is only on one side.
All in all, I’m very happy with my new bracelet from Cool Water Gems. I’m sure I’ll be checking their page often for new designs, and hopefully they’ll get going on the hair pieces soon (hint, hint!).
BUY IT: Visit Cool Water Gems on Etsy
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a a $40 credit to use at Cool Water Gems. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 11/2/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit Cool Water Gems Etsy shop and tell us what you would choose if you won. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Cool Water Gems on Facebook
- Follow Cool Water Gems on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Do you love handmade jewelry? Enter to #Win a @CoolWaterGems $40 credit via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=17780 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on 11/2/11, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a bracelet from Cool Water Gems free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.