Looking for a good rental for Valentine’s Day? We’ve put together our ultimate date-night movies. Pass the popcorn, cuddle up and select play!
- The Notebook – I love how the the main characters love story builds up. A great Summer romance that turns into a beautiful love story to the very end. The story was very believable and felt real.
- No Strings Attached – funny and good chemistry between Ashton Kuscher and Natalie Portman.
- When Harry Met Sally – classic friendship to romance movie. Love it. Best writing, so many memorable quotes.
- Grosse Point Blank – Awesome soundtrack, John Cusack as a hit man returning for his high school reunion and falling again for his old GF Minnie Driver. Appeals to men and women
Courtney recommends (They all seem to have Carl Reiner and/or Nora Ephron connected to them)
- When Harry Met Sally because it is sweet, sarcastic and I love the couples’ stories in between scenes.
- Sleepless In Seattle – just so romantic and is about fate.
- Something’s Got To Give – because it’s about older folks finding love and the scenery is gorgeous.
- It’s Complicated – again because it’s older folks and Steve Martin is adorable in it.
- Chocolat – because it’s French and it’s about chocolate and passion.
- Woman On Top – It’s sexy, sweet and about passion for your honey, for food, for life. It’s visually beautiful and the music is fantastic!
- Romeo+Juliet – the Leonardo DiCaprio/Clare Danes version. I absolutely love this movie, and there are plenty of dark moments to keep the guys happy too. Plus the soundtrack is awesome!!!
- Fireproof – It’s a Christian movie and albeit slightly cheesy, it’s a movie about a couple working their way through marriage difficulties and how they cultivate the love they know is there.
- A Walk to Remember – has go to be the best teen romance movie! It’s by the author of The Notebook!! If you haven’t seen it, please add to your list.
- Pretty In Pink – Ultimate 80s love story filled with social cliques and awesome music!
- Notebook – Ryan Gosling, do I need to stay more??
- Love Story – The ultimate boy meets girl tragic love story. I cry every time I see this!
- Wall E – I have a total crush on Wall E . Wall E and Eve’s love is (almost) speechless. The animation is flawless and I just can’t get enough of their twinkly space dance. Good one to watch with the kids as well. =)
Our Friends Recommend
Many of our friends recommended The Notebook. Definitely one of the most romantic movies of All Time.
- Pretty Woman…. A hollywood love story! The way Richard Gere says “Vivian” gets me every time… Even hookers fall in love with their prince charming…lol – Andrea
- Serendipity! I love John Cusack! Deep down, I believe we have one true soul mate and that movie brings me back to that feeling/belief and hope I find mine… – Kelly
- Pride & Prejudice. All of the other responsibilities they have that keep them from instant gratification seem to make it so much more powerful when it ends up happening! – Lynn
- 50 First Dates. Nothing can get in the way of true love. It’s a sweet and funny movie and I cry every time! I’m such a sap. – Carmen
- Before Sunrise and After Sunset. It is really unique. They meet on a train in Europe and spend 1 day together walking around Austria in the first one . They just talk and share their ideas on life and love and end up falling in love. They are supposed to meet each other again and you never know if they do. The second movie picks up 10 years later. – Lynne
- Jerry Maguire! You complete me!! Can’t beat a film about football and romance! – Jasmine
- The Princess Bride is a great love story for guys. Sure the Wesley-Princess Buttercup relationship is great, but few can appreciate the Inigo-Fezzig dynamic. – Tim
- Sideways – Long story short he loves the waitress – Scott
Tell us, what is your favorite romance movie?