Last year for Christmas, my older two daughters (now 8 and 7) were given Nintendo DS is as their gift from Santa. I was dubious at first, but once we had one peaceful two-hour drive to my in-laws’ house, I was absolutely in love with them! Since then, I’ve tried my best to find fun and challenging games for their handheld systems; fun is key, certainly, but I’ve also tried to find ones that are different than your usual drive-around-the-track type of game (which they adore anyway!).
Recently, we had the opportunity to take a look at and try out the VicTORIous Hollywood Arts Debut game for the Nintendo DS. My girls haven’t seen the actual show on Nickelodeon much, but knew the premise of it and were excited to see what the game was all about. In the game, you are a member of Hollywood Arts High School with Tori Vega as you complete different challenges, collect items from the show and participate in talent contests and adventures. Both of my girls loved that you could create your own character and customize him or her with various styles of clothing, accessories….even locker décor! Many of the stars of the show are included in the game, and you can journey with them around Hollywood Arts, finding hidden items and unlockables around certain corners. There are even mini-games, like singing and dancing with Tori that is done using the DS stylus pen (this is, by far, the girls’ favorite feature). I have watched them play the game individually a couple of times now, and I found that it is both entertaining (even for me, just a bystander) and easy to follow. My 7-year-old had no problem maneuvering the adventure games and I appreciated the clear graphics and easy-to-follow directions. When it’s their allotted video game, at least one of them has been playing it since we received it; and that’s the best indicator of a great game in my book!
Rated E for everyone, the VicTORIous Hollywood Arts Debut Nintendo DS game retails for approximately $22 and is distributed by D3Publisher. Check it out! – Jessica
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive VicTORIous Nintendo DS game. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 1/24/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit http://www.d3publisher.us/ and tell us about another game that you like. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like D3Publisher on Facebook
- Follow D3Publisher on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I entered to #Win Victorious: Hollywood Arts Debut for #Nintendo DS via @thatsitmommy & @D3Pub http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=21024 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on January 24, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation or product for this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.
* We did not receive monetary compensation or product for this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.