My soon-to-be, three-year-old son has played with his simple wooden IKEA train set religiously for the past year so he was super excited to graduate to a Thomas-branded set with cool accessories like a functioning crane and a bridge. He immediately recognized Thomas from the TV program and began cheering before we even opened the box.
Made by Learning Curve Toys (www.learningcurve.com), the Thomas & Friends Crane & Cargo Figure 8 Set has 20 pieces including a Thomas, cargo car, cargo, crane, two-piece bridge and enough wooden track to create a classic figure 8 layout.
My little guy and his grandpa set up the track and crane in about 15 minutes based off the pictures on the box. Frighteningly, my commercial-hungry little guy began telling his grandpa that they were missing pieces. Those ‘missing pieces’ are actually exciting, additional items that can be purchased to expand your world of Thomas. Once we were able to distract him from the photos and the catalog included in the box, he loved turning the knob on the crane to lift and lower cargo into Thomas as he circled the tracks.
With the exception of the plastic bridge, all the other pieces are made of sturdy wood. The tracks are easy for my son to attach and break apart on his own without any fear of damage. We’ll see how the crane’s rope survives our constant use, but so far so good. With his birthday approaching, I’m thinking of suggesting another train car or two as a gift idea since I think he would like to have a longer train to run over the track.
Priced at $40.99, this set is a great introduction for a young child. The manufacturer suggests ages 3+. This set includes all the pieces necessary to see if your child will become a lifetime train fan. Thomas & Friends sets and items can be purchased at www.target.com
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway set. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends August 15, 2011
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit www.learningcurve.com and tell us about another toy that you like AND tell us who you would give the Thomas & Friends Crane & Cargo Figure 8 Set to if you won. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Learning Curve on Facebook
- Follow Learning Curve on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter(or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook(let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter(leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post on our site and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I want to #WIN Thomas & Friends Crane & Cargo Set! via @thatsitmommy & @LCToys http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=14433 #giveaway #trains) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on Aug 15, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the toy mentioned to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.