Did you know that John Lennon’s legacy lives on through a really cool tour bus? A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to see this awesome bus when it came to my daughter’s elementary school. All those great, happy and inspiring feelings came back when I visited the bus at the NAMM Show last month in Los Angeles.
In a nutshell, the John Lennon Educational state-of-the-art mobile recording studio gives students of all ages hands-on experiences. But it really can be so much more for those that get to enter it – the bus gives viewers a chance to imagine themselves as musicians with the ability to dream about making music with the power of the all the latest tools and technology at their disposal!
According to the program co-founder and executive director, Brian Rothschild, “John and Yoko’s commitment to peace is inspiring to many of our young visitors, and providing them with free opportunities to create original content and learn about career paths in music, audio, video and new media, gives them the chance to express their ideas and creativity.”
Five more fun facts about John Lennon Educational Tour Bus.
1) This is the 19th year of touring, and the Lennon Bus continues to feature the latest and greatest audio and video technology, gear and products.
2) The idea began as an offshoot of the John Lennon Songwriting Contest, dedicated to providing opportunities for both professional and amateur songwriters around the world; proceeds from which help support the Lennon Bus.
3) The Lennon Bus travels across the U.S. and Canada all year-round, providing free tours and workshops at schools, retailers, festivals, on tours with headlining artists, and at major industry conferences.
4) Lennon Bus Europe began providing these same opportunities to the young people of Europe when it launched in Liverpool, UK in May 2013.
5) The bus truly epitomizes what cool people can do when inspired by musicians. Maybe the next generation of musicians can do the same…
The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus is made possible by Yoko Ono Lennon and the following sponsors and contributors: Canon U.S.A., Inc., Apple, Juniper Networks, Securematics, Other World Computing, Neutrik, The NAMM Foundation, SESAC, Digital Media Academy, Audio-Technica, Genelec, Yamaha, Gibson Guitars, Epiphone, Sonnet Technologies, Avid, SSL, NewTek, TodoCast, IP Access, ZVEX Effects, Reflecmedia, Baker & McKenzie, Litepanels, Clear-Com, Anton/Bauer, AJA, Copperpeace, Applied Acoustics Systems, Mobile Roadie, McDSP, Native Instruments, IK Multimedia, Noise Industries, JDI, iZotope, Mad Mimi, Ableton, Ampeg, Mackie, Guitar Player, Bass Player, Electronic Musician, Keyboard Magazine, SKB and LiveU.
Make a wish
Write it down on a piece of paper
Fold it and tie it around a brand of a wish tree
Ask your friend to do the same
until the branches are covered with wishes.
Do you want the bus to visit your child’s school? Visit http://www.lennonbus.org/request to request a visit! Maybe they’ll roll into your town.
All projects created on board are available for viewing on YouTube.