When I had my daughter, I was overwhelmed with the amount of “cute” options she had for clothes. I mean, cute girls stuff was everywhere. Then, when I had my son, I was hit with the reality that “cute” boys clothes are clearly in short supply. I came across The Boys Store, and they had apparently heard my prayers. This store has an amazing of stylish clothes for my little guy. They recently sent us the Appaman Skater Pig Polo Shirt and Cargo Shorts in Robot Gray in a 2T for review.
My little guy is 32” tall and weighs 23 pounds. He is just moving up into a 2T in a lot brands, and the shirt fits him perfectly through the body and is slightly long. The shirt is lightweight and perfect for these upcoming hot months. Most of his polo shirts that he has are a much heavier cotton, so this shirt will work much better for hot summer days. I also love that this shirt runs on the lean side, like Brendan. So many baby shirts are “boxy”, and tend to not fit him very well. I also love the way the seams are on this shirt–a little rough around the edges. This gives the polo shirt a bit more of an edgy look to it. The shirt is 100% cotton and machine washable. The shirt retails for $32, but is currently on sale on their website for $16!
The cargo shorts also fit well. They feature an adjustable waist, and I moved it to a smaller size (5 notches in on each side). He has lots of room to grow into these so will be able to wear them quite some time. I love the color. It’s so hard to find shorts for my boy that aren’t either 1) knit/athletic shorts, 2) a tan or green khaki, 3) jean shorts. These twill cargo shorts have that khaki feel while providing a great color alternative for his wardrobe. Although the color is listed as “robot gray”, they are actually more of a medium blue, as shown in the picture. The shorts have a snap and zipper closure, are 100% cotton and machine washable. The shorts retail for $32.00, and are also currently on sale for $16!
I love that the site has presented their clothes with categories I wish I saw on more sites! I first hit the “American Made” category, as I try to support local and USA-made whenever possible.
Here is a cute American-made option:
Your little guy can wear this while you and your husband are out watching the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie! The Pirate Set by Lollybean Kid Couture retails for $40.00
They also have an “Organic” category with some great options! You can also shop by brand, by age, and more! I love when organic clothes come in vibrant colors, such as this Safari Silhouette shirt by Imagine Greenwear, currently on their site for $30:
The Boys Store is not just about boys. They’ve put together a great list of quality resources for parents and teachers. But, being how it is “for the boys”, they have included some fun links just for our little men! They also give back to their community by supporting various local organizations focused on youths.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a a $25 gift card to use at The Boys Store (excludes shipping). This giveaway is open Worldwide! (Except where prohibited by law, 18+. Winner pays all shipping charges). Ends 7/12/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit www.theboysstore.com and tell us another product on their site that you love (must be different than one mentioned in this article). Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like The Boy’s Store on Facebook
- Follow The Boy’s Store on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a $25 GC to www.theboysstore.com via @thatsitmommy and @theboysstore http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=13748 #giveaway open WW) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on July 12, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open Worldwide (Except where prohibited, 18+). Winner pays all shipping charges.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy did receive the Appaman shirt and shorts mentioned to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.