Ever since we discovered PBSkids.org, it’s been our primary web entertainment for Kieran. She’ll be 4 next month and has learned so much the past year and a half or so she’s been using it. I personally think it is so valuable, I’m in my 2nd cycle of the paid version of the site. When I heard that they were coming out with a free Video App for our new iPad, I didn’t have to think twice about downloading it for Kieran. The App is extremely user-friendly for Kieran. I like that I can easily slide out the information on each show to find out the recommended ages and it’s educational goals. And, having two of Kieran’s favorite shows, Dinosaur Train and Super Why!, on demand has already been a life-saver.
iPad App Synopses:
Just in time for Memorial Day getaways, PBS KIDS introduces its first ever PBS KIDS Video for iPad App. This FREE app contains more than 1,000 videos of a child’s favorite PBS KIDS characters, such as THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT, DINOSAUR TRAIN, or SESAME STREET. As demand for high-quality, educational apps continues to rise, PBS KIDS has made it easy for parents to take educational programs anywhere a 3G or WiFi connection lies.
The PBS KIDS Video for iPad App features helpful tools for parents such as:
• Access to local PBS station TV schedules
• Additional information about TV series, including intended age and learning goals
• The ability to download related educational apps and TV episodes directly from the App Store and iTunes
• Marking series as “favorites”
• Sharing videos via email, Facebook and Twitter
Get IT: The PBS KIDS Video for iPad App is available NOW for free from the App Store on iPad or at http://to.pbs.org/pbskidsvideoipad.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy was provided the information by the company or their PR firm. We did receive the App mentioned free of charge, but hey, so can you! This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.