The countdown to Force Friday has begun!
The Force will be strong at Toys”R”Us stores nationwide on Friday, September 4 at 12:01 a.m., when they are transformed into Destination: Star Wars worldwide.
Star Wars fans around the world are not only waiting for the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie, but also the launch of the highly anticipated toy line. Celebrate the toy launch at midnight events and festivities, where customers can purchase merchandise, receive exclusive giveaways and attend huge Star Wars events leading up to the midnight opening at the Toys”R”Us in Times Square.
At 12:01 a.m. on September 1st, be among the first to purchase hundreds of new Star Wars playthings, including a wide variety of merchandise not found anywhere else. Customers attending the midnight opening events will have the chance to receive special giveaways, including a limited edition LEGO® Star Wars Commemorative Brick and an exclusive Star Wars poster, while supplies last. Shoppers will also be able to go to Toysrus.com/StarWars, at midnight Force Friday, to browse and purchase items online.
Digital countdown clocks will be counting down to the event and can be found in Toys”R”Us stores nationwide and on Toysrus.com/DestinationStarWars. Once these clocks reach the end of the countdown of Force Friday, they will reset and start counting down to the release of the movie.
Gamers, if you were at E3 or SDCC and had the chance to play the video games, Star Wars Battlefront or Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars, you can now preorder them in stores or online.
The flagship store in New York City, Toys”R”Us Times Square, will host events that will encourage fans to come dressed as their favorite Star Wars characters:
First up is the “Destination: Star Wars – The Experience,” curated by Rancho Obi-Wan, Inc., on display from Wednesday, August 26 through Monday, September 7. This is a special exhibition featuring prototypes, originals and early editions of some of the best-known Star Wars toys in the world. Including the original first four mail-away action figures from 1978, a life-sized Chewbacca figure in never publicly-released The Empire Strikes Back packaging from Kenner Products and a rare 2003 LEGO Star Wars Cloud City building set.
Then, on Thursday, September 3, the activities kick into high gear throughout the day, beginning at 9 a.m., including:
• Book signing and meet and greet with Steve Sansweet, Chief Executive Officer and President of Rancho Obi-Wan, Inc., storied Star Wars author and former Head of Fan Relations and Director of Content Management at Lucasfilm Ltd.
• Art class and meet and greet with fan-favorite Star Wars and science fiction artist, Jeff Carlisle.
• Star Wars product demonstrations and activations throughout the store, including Star Wars-themed 3-D action figure creation with 3D Plus Me, video gaming on Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars kiosks and experiencing intergalactic sound on Star Wars-themed headphones powered by SMS Audio.
• LEGO Star Wars make and take for rebels looking to build their toy empire brick by brick.
• Light Saber Academy with members of New York Jedi, a community of cosplayers, martial artists and teachers who share practical stage combat techniques oriented toward Light Sabers.
• Photo opportunities with costumed characters, including Furbacca, a character versioned after the Hasbro® toy that makes wookiee sounds like CHEWBACCA, Geoffrey the Giraffe and more.
• Ice cream flavors inspired by the Star Wars Saga from Scoops“R”Us™, the flagship store’s in-house ice cream shop located on the Lower Level.
• Star Wars-themed cookie decorating at a “Wookiee” Cookie Party on Level 1.
• Special giveaways for the first fans in line, including a Collector’s Edition LEGO Star Wars Commemorative Brick, an exclusive, limited edition Star Wars poster and a Star Wars Character Flashlight from JAKKS Pacific.
• Star Wars trivia, a costume contest and a galaxy of excitement and prizes, while supplies last, for those fanatics waiting in line.
• Panel discussion with Steve Sansweet and Jeff Carlisle for select lucky fans, which will also be livestreamed via Periscope @Toysrus on Twitter.
• The ultimate unveiling of the official Toys“R”Us Times Square Star Wars feature shop at 12:01am on Force Friday, September 4.
Events open to all ages. Parental supervision required at all times. All giveaways and event materials available while supplies last and distributed to event participants only. Limit one per person. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Giveaway quantities vary by store. For store locations visit, www.Toysrus.com/StoreLocator and more info at www.Toysrus.com.