For the past six months, I’ve been on the great pillow search. Both my children, ages 3 and 4, like to sleep with pillows in their beds but it’s been a real challenge to find the perfect ones. We have two basic criteria for our search – 1) they need to be smaller than adult-size pillows and 2) simple to wash and dry. Both my kiddies get hot heads overnight so I need to frequently wash and dry before bedtime. Options are scarce. I found some small, inexpensive kids pillows at IKEA but they don’t last more than a couple of months with washings and getting in and out of an IKEA store quickly can be a chore. My daughter received a pillow pet at Christmas that she likes to sleep on, but it is hard to wash and dry thoroughly every day to keep it smelling fresh.
Madii and Dyl offer a unique collection of pillows designed just for small children. Originating in Australia and now available for the first time in the U.S., these comfy pillows are hypoallergenic and made with 100 percent natural latex. Because they are created with only the highest quality pure materials, they are naturally resistant to dust mites, mildew and bacteria.
These pillows come in three sizes – Newborn (for day time head support), Toddler (for first time pillow users), and Kid (for growing children), and can safely be used as early as 3 months of age.
Teenii Tot – The toddlers comfort pillow retails for $49 and measures in at 42 x 25 cms. Made for toddlers and walkers, the distinctive wave design conforms to the child’s head offering proper neck support and spine alignment. Self-ventilating cores provide maximum air flow, keeping the child cool and comfortable. Perfect for allergy sufferers, it is the only pillow that can be washed and never change its shape: Lasts for 5yrs+.
Mini Me – The cozy kids pillow retails for $59 and measures in at 48 x 28 cms. Perfect for young children, our exclusive flip-wave design tailors to the growing child with one side slightly higher than the other. Start on the lower side and as the child grows turn the pillow over for a better fit. The contours naturally conform to the child’s head providing vital support for proper neck and spine alignment. Micro-ventilating cores prevent moisture and heat build-up, keeping the child comfortable in any sleep position. Ideal for allergy sufferers, it is the only pillow that retains its shape after each and every wash: Lasts for 5yrs+.
We trialed the Teenii Tot-sized pillow this month in my son’s bed. The pillow was heavier than I expected it to be due to being made of latex, rather than the cotton/poly-fill of our previous pillow contenders. My little guy had no complaints and I was happy to find it dry in the morning. I think the pillows wavy contours allow it to ventilate it better than regular pillows for those kids whose heads heat up when they sleep. It’s first washing and drying was also a success. On the downside, its odd shape meant I couldn’t use the crib-size pillow cases and our regular pillow cases had to be folded over to fit. I may have my seamstress mom cut down some regular size pillow cases to fit, but not everyone has this option. These pillows are perfect to keep in our beds but they are a too big and heavy to travel with us for weekend trips to the grandparents. Hmmm, maybe the Madii and Dyl folks will have a travel-size option in our future? Hint, hint.
BUY IT: Prices range from $39 to $59 depending on the pillow sizes. All products are available on www.madiidylan.com
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive one Madii & Dyl pillow in the size of their choice (Sooki Babe, Teenii Tot or Mini Me). This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 7/28/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit www.madiidylan.com and tell us something new you learned about them. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- “Like” Madii & Dyl on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #WIN a Madii & Dyl child’s pillow of your choice via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=14130 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on July 28, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a sample to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor’s PR firm. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.