I have to admit that I hadn’t heard of Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza & Grill until I attended a pre-party at their newest location in Studio City. Guess what? I’m their newest fan! Sammy’s started out in 1989 in La Jolla and now boasts 18 locations throughout So. Cal and Nevada. Sammy’s in Studio City has a contemporary design, upbeat atmosphere and offers an outdoor patio which is were where our party was held.
The menu at Sammy’s is perfect for any occasion. Have family night out, date night or an anniversary meal there as there is something for everyone. The items are moderately priced and kid’s menu items are $5.95. I like the Make-Your-Own-Pasta choice for kids!
Here is our party menu that was a sampling of tapas, salad and pizzas:
- Mini Duck Tacos with Feta, Tomato, Cabbage & Tomato-Cilantro Sauce.
- Japanese Style Chicken Meatballs with Japanese tare sauce, pickled cucumber salad.
- Spicy Singapore Chop with chilled chicken breast, napa cabbage, organic greens, carrots, broccolini, pea shoots, red onion, cilantro, ginger lime dressing
- Royal Hawaiian Woodfired Pizza with gold pineapple, rosemary ham, mozzarella, fresno chili, mint and housemade tomato sauce.
- Brie Cheese & Truffle Oil thin crust pizza with sautéed mushrooms.
- For dessert the kids put together their own Messy sundaes! YUM
My favorites were the Hawaiian Pizza (perfect combo of sweet and salty), the Spicy Sngapore Chop salad (LOVED the fresh ingredients, great taste and perfect amount of spice). My daughter obviously loved her sundae.
We love to shop at local farmer’s markets for our produce. So, I appreciate that each Sammy’s locations supports their local farms and that they offer fresh chicken with is free from artificial flavors, chemicals, preservatives or hormones. Also, Sammy’s offers gluten free items and vegetarian items.
I can’t wait to visit this award winning restaurant again with my family. Definitely going back to try out the the warm crispy mini donuts (I always skip ahead to the dessert menu whether or not I save room for it is another story) and the Raclette & Fingerling Potato Pizza. Plus, we received a mason jar of their Sammy’s Balsamic Basil salad dressing to take home with us. Delicious! I’ve used it on salads and also as a dipping sauce for bread.
Plan your casual night out or special dinner at Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza & Grill! 12050 Ventura Blvd. Studio City, CA 91604 818-762-3330