As a native Southern Californian, I never experienced a “true” winter until my husband and I moved to Kansas. The winters there are brutal – freezing cold, snow, ice, and the coldest winds I’ve ever felt in my life. After three frigid winters in Kansas, we moved to Ohio and then on to Virginia. Jack was one and a half and experienced his first winter where he could play in the snow. It only took a short time to realize that while Jack loves snow and winter weather, his skin does not. His sensitive skin, coupled with an almost obsessive need to wash his hands, has left him plagued with bright pink, chapped cheeks and hands almost all winter long.
Throughout the winter season, I find myself constantly on the lookout for a good lotion for my big guy’s skin issues. I’ve found a great ointment that works wonders on his little cheeks, but his hands have remained a challenge. They are raw, red, and look painful. Luckily he doesn’t seem to mind, but it hasn’t stopped my search for a lotion to help him out.
I was able to try out a new product by Blistex and so far, I am loving it! Blistex Intensive Hand Cream has helped change poor little Jack’s hands from cracked, chapped, and red to baby soft! I received two versions of the hand cream, scented and unscented. I chose to use the unscented on Jack due to his sensitive skin. It goes on silky smooth, and you only need a small dab of it to do the job. After only a couple applications, his hands looked and felt so much better. I was really impressed that such a small dab of this cream made such a huge difference in his skin!
I also received a scented version of the Blistex Intensive Hand Cream. I chose to keep this one for myself. Being a nurse means I wash my hands countless times during an average shift and usually end my day with dry, cracked hands. This cream was a nice little treat at the end of my shift. It left my hands moisturized, soft, and silky, and the scent is light and fresh. It is definitely going to be a must-have item for my purse!
Blistex has been trusted for over 60 years as a gold standard in treating dry, chapped and cracked lips. I am thrilled that they have brought their extensive moisturizing expertise to the hands. Blistex Intensive Hand Cream combines ingredients like glycerin, silicone, chamomile and other extracts to hydrate, soften, protect and soothe skin. This great new formula is offered in a 3 ounce tube at a reasonable $2.87 price point and is now available at over 1500 Walmart stores.
To learn more about Blistex products, click here!
GIVEAWAY: Three (3) That’s IT Mommy readers will receive a set of Blistex Intensive Hand Creams. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 2/19/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit www.blistex.com and tell us about your favorite product. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway ( Enter to #win a set of Blistex Intensive Hand Creams! via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=22125 #giveaway ) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on February 19, 2012 (PST). Winners will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received Blistex Intensive Hand Creams from Blistex free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.