“All kids dance to the Grateful Dead.” This is a conversation I had with my significant other, Bill. I am not sure if he is right about ALL kids but our two year old Adeline, certainly does. I was a little doubtful at first but as soon as she heard that music she started to move! That is why I was so excited when I found this line of rock and roll apparel for babies and toddlers that includes The Grateful Dead among many other bands in it’s collection.
Rowdy Sprout is a unique children’s clothing line of rock and roll t-shirts and dresses. Rowdy Sprout was originally created as a side project while “designer and colorful entrepreneur” Laura Angotti achieved her graduate degree in costume design in 2003. Laura handpicks every band and design (and we think she does a great job) and they are manufactured and silk screened by local Los Angeles companies.
We received a flutter-sleeve Grateful Dead dress, $48 (daddy’s a “Dead Head”) and a Beatles Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band t-shirt, $37 (mommy’s favorite). The shirts are made from a 50-50 blend of cotton and polyester making them super soft. Seriously, I really couldn’t get over how soft they were! The dress is fun paired with a long sleeve t-shirt and leggings for fall/winter but it will be great for summer too. This clothing is of super quality and stood up to many washes. There are many different bands to choose from ranging from AC/DC, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd and many more. All parents are sure to find a favorite for their little rockers.
I love finding cool clothes for Adeline to wear and these shirts are among the coolest I have found. We love that Adeline is sporting our favorite bands and now she can dance to “the Dead” in her new dress. Rowdy Sprout is sold in over 300 boutiques nationwide and also can be found online at www.rowdysprout.com.
– thatsITmommy friends, Erika and Adeline
A little more about Rowdy Sprout Owner Laura Angotti:
1) What do you love about your mom? My mom has remained a rock in my life. I cannot believe I am 33 and still talk to her every day and quite frankly need her advise, love, and understanding on a regular basis. Once a mom always a mom!
2) What do you love about being a mom? (ignore if you’re not a mom) Not a mom yet ironically however I do have two huge dogs that I consider my children! They brighten up every single day! My husband, Diesel, Chief and I are a pretty tight knit family!
3) What or who inspired you to start your own business? My father is a business owner and entrepreneur. I think he planted that entrepreneurial spirit in my early on. I just never saw myself working for other people, and quite frankly was a horrible employee!!
4) What advice do you have for women who are afraid to start their own ventures? Women have a way with people, multi tasking, and relationships. These are all huge keys to business! If you have the ability to understand basic finances, meaning you can balance your checkbook and understand how to keep money in the bank, and you have a good idea, and are willing to put in the time and effort to learn anything you don’t know, then you are golden! I say absolutely go for it and do not hesitate to reach out to any woman in business you want to talk to. I would not be anywhere if not for the help of many successful women and I am always very eager to help and answer questions for anyone wanting to start a business!
One (1) winner will win their choice of a Bob Marley (tee, or onesie) OR The Who (tee or onesie or dress with diaper cover if infant sizes) Rowdy Sprout Rocker Tee!
MAIN ENTRY – Visit www.rowdysprout.com and tell us what other Rowdy Sprout Rocker Tee you like! Come back here and leave your comment in the comment box below. (Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Extra entries – Lots of ways to earn more entries. Please, leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
* 1 Extra Entry – Like Rowdy Sprouts on Facebook and let us know.
* 1 Extra Entry – Follow us on Twitter and let us know.
* 1 Extra Entry – Like on Facebook and let us know.
* 1 Extra Entry – Follow us on Networked Blogs
* 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to our RSS feed or by email (or let us know if you already subscribe).
* 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. – Win a Bob Marley or The Who Rowdy Sprout Rocker Tee via @thatsitmommy #GIVEAWAY http://wp.me/pAWsG-Ti
Let us know that you tweeted in a separate comment. Come back daily!
* 2 Extra Entries – Have a Blog? Blog about this giveaway and leave the url of your post in a separate comment below.
This giveaway will run through midnight on May18m 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before May 20, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+).
* Erika received clothing to facilitate this review.
This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service.
The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.