Check out these ALL NEW DVD’s from Lionsgate and HIT Entertainment. We had a great time watching some of our favorites and even picked up a new favorite along the way. All are available on DVD, Digital Download and On Demand within the next 2 weeks!
This was our first experience with Roary the Racing Car. I thought it was a cool fact that Indy and NASCAR racer Sam Hornish Jr. narrates the episodes. We recently went to our first Indy game ever in Long Beach and Kieran loved it. So, naturally, these episodes reminded her of our recent adventure. Her favorite episode was “Rusty Takes a Trip”. She loved when Rusty was on the racetrack with the other cars (poor Rusty never gets to go anywhere!). After the episode we discussed the concept of a “secret”, which is new for Kieran.
Start your engines for fun and excitement with Roary the Racing Car and his racetrack buddies, Tin Top, Zizzy, Dragga and mischievous Maxi, as they zoom into exciting high speed adventures. The racetrack becomes a pit stop of great times as everyone the extra mile for Marsha’s birthday party, Big Chris becomes a babysitter and Rusty is on a roll….without wheels! Put your pedal to the metal and buckle up for big-time fun from START to FINISH!
- “Stars and Cars”
- “Rusty Takes a Trip”
- “Big Chris Babysits”
- “Roary Gets it Wrong”
- “Computer Calamity”
- “Big Chris Forgets”
DVD Bonus Feature:
- “Roary’s Day at the Seaside” music video
Angelina Ballerina: Pop Star Girls
Available: June 7, 2011
Run time: 61 minutes
DVD SRP: $14.98
It’s a given in our household that anything to do with Angelina Ballerina will be an instant hit. This DVD was no exception. Kieran always loves to get up and dance with Angelina and her friends. I love that she always gets a twinge of a British accent after she watches an episode—too cute! Kieran’s favorite episode was “Angelina and the Giant”, as she thought the idea of Jackie and the Beanstalk was hilarious. My favorite episode was “Angelina and the Broken Fiddle”, both for the fact that I learned something knew (who knew a fiddle and a violin were the same instrument?!) and that Angelina and Polly learned a couple very valuable lessons after accidentally breaking their daddy’s fiddle.
Get ready to get your groove on because it’s showtime with Angelina and her friends! While all the dancers learn to work together, Angelina realizes she loves Hip Hop, rock bands, fiddles and more! Move and groove along with Angelina as she directs a Hip Hop musical and discovers she was born to be a star. The whole family will be starstruck with delight as Angelina steps it up in her best performance yet.
- “Angelina’s Crazy Solo”
- “Angelina’s Rock Band”
- “Angelina’s Hip Hop Boys Show”
- “Angelina and the Giant”
- “Angelina and the Broken Fiddle”
DVD Bonus Feature:
- “Dancing Star” Memory Game
Can we dig it? Yes we can! I love that Bob the Builder always emphasizes problem solving and organization. These skills are age-appropriate for Kieran and she always learns something from this show! We loved watching the Can-Do Crew unearth dinosaur bones, reminding us of the fun times we’ve had at the Natural History Museum. I love when kids’ shows aren’t afraid to use big words, such as Diploticus. In one scene, Muck had a problem and would not asking for help, despite his frustrations. It was good for Kieran to see how he calmly worked through a difficult situation, as she’s at the age where emotions can run high and she can be quick to get upset at times. Muck realized in the end it’s okay to ask for help, and they were able to fix the problem when they worked it out together.
Grab your shovels and join the fun as Bob the Builder and his terrific team dig up ancient suprises in this all-new movie. A new truck named Rubble joins the Can-Do Crew to help build an enormous amusement park, but when things get difficult with seagulls and impossible lumps, it’s up to the team to work together to finish the job, unearthing some prehistoric dinosaur bones along the way. Hold on to your hard hat for a roller coaster ride of thrills, discover and fun!
DVD Bonus Feature
- “Diggin It Up” music video
And as an additional bonus, each Bob the Builder: The Big Dino Dig The Movie DVD includes a coupon for a free Child Ticket with paid Adult Ticket to any LEGOLAND attraction! And, each DVD includes a special offer for a free child’s admission to SplashDown Beach waterpark in Fishkill New York, featuring the new attraction-Bob the Builder Splash Works.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive Angelina Ballerina: Pop Star Girls and Roary: The Racing Car DVDs. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 6/15/11.
MAIN ENTRY – What values do you think are the most important to be taught through children’s DVDs? What character (from these titles) do you think best represents those values and why? (leave your comment in the comment box below this post).
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment. Each entry is worth 1 comment, unless otherwise noted.
- Sign up for Hit Entertainment’s Newsletter!. Look for their newsletter button located at the bottom of their site.
- Follow Hit Entertainment on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win 2 Hit Entertainment DVDs ($30 value!) via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=8122 #Giveaway (come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on June 15, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy did receive the DVD’s mentioned to facilitate this review. Giveaway items will be provided by sponsor. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.