Friendship bracelets are back and hotter than ever! My daughters insist on frequent trips to our local craft stores to purchase multi-colored packs of thread so they can make bracelets for all of their friends. The biggest problem that they both faced was having someone hold the thread to begin making the bracelets, before they could slide a safety pin through the knot and pin it to something so they could continue on their own. My biggest problem was the fact that several pairs of jeans and shorts ended up with pulls in them from the safety pins being tugged on while the girls were making the bracelets.
The My Friendship Bracelet Maker Traveler™ has the perfect solution to this problem, as well as the issue of where to store all the thread found all around our house. This system is made of sturdy plastic, has a pull-out drawer that stores twenty different packs of thread, and has a clip at the top that grabs and holds onto the knot so now, bracelet making is a one-kid project without the pulls from safety pins.
The Choose Friendship Company’s website www.myfbm.com provides guests with tons of videos to watch, showing how to create amazing patterns while using the My Friendship Bracelet Maker Traveler™ and I have to admit, they designs are super cute! They range from basic stripes to cats, soccer balls to holiday designs, and intricate woven patterns that the girls can’t wait to try out. The videos are extremely well made and honestly, very easy to follow. Once you have the basic idea of how to knot the designs, there are a fantastic variety of possibilities for kids follow along with. The videos are easy to stop and rewind, and the narrator does the entire process step-by-step so you can follow along as you go. The videos are even broken down in beginner, intermediate and advanced categories, so kids won’t get too frustrated by selecting a design over their ability level. You can even send them your email and they’ll let you know when new videos and designs are available.
The website also has links to their “Kids Causes” section, which encourages kids to make bracelets to support Breast Cancer Awareness with Pink & White bracelets (a portion of company sales even went to breast cancer research!), to Juvenile Diabetes, to supporting our Troops. This is such as easy way to allow our kids to learn about great causes, as well as helping to support them in ways that are fun and age-appropriate.
Although we having taking the My Friendship Bracelet Maker Traveler™ on any roadtrips yet, I could definitely see this “toy” making the cut with me. It would keep the girls quiet and busy because making the bracelets does take a certain level of concentration. This is definitely a keeper, and a perfect present to keep on hand for a last-minute birthday or holiday gift – at $16.99, it’s absolutely worth it!
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a winner’s choice of either the Traveler, Original or Barrette maker. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 4/23/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, tell us which Choose Friendship (Traveler, Original or Barrette maker) product would you choose if you won and who would you give it to? Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Friendship Bracelet Maker on Facebook
- Follow MYFBM on Twitter
- Check out the “Inside Out” anti-bullying video on YouTube and make a comment there about the video. Come back here and let us know that you did. (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win your choice of Traveler, Original or Barrette from Choose Friendship via @thatsitmommy & @myfbm http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=23763 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on August 23, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the Traveler from Choose Friendship free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.