Unfortunately, we don’t have a yard so we enlisted our friend’s yard for this review! Believe me you DO NOT want to play with this indoors. Assembly of the mud pie station took about 15 minutes. We had a hard time locating the screws (watch out for that small plastic bag!) and the screws needed extra twisting to stay in place.
I think it’s neat that you can fill the sink with water from a hose or pitcher. The base of the toy holds a lot of water so we didn’t need to refill. The girls eagerly took turns pumping the water, scooping dirt, using the hand-crank mud mixer and “seasoning” their mud creations! It was fun seeing the girls get down and dirty while using good old fashion kid-energy. Parents can get involved and help kids come up with fun ideas. Willow and her mom created a mud wedding cake while Teagan helped season a mud cupcake. Sure, they could’ve made mud pies without the toy but it was beneficial to go through the process in a pretend pie factory.
Pros: Fun for boys and girls. Encourages creative play. NO batteries! Builds teamwork. Smiles. Clean up is easy! Just hose it off when you’re done. Don’t you wish cleaning our kitchens was that easy? The girls loved playing with it and even the mommies had fun!
Cons: The legs seemed a little flimsy. I’m curious to see if this toy withstands the test of time. But I’m sure with proper use there will be many more mud pies!
We’re not the only ones who think the Makin’ Mud Pies set is cool! The toy just won a Parent’s Choice Award! and has recently been featured on Regis & Kelly and The Today Show! This is one hot item! The girls enjoyed their time playing with it and I’m thankful Little Tikes provided us the opportunity to review this toy.
Check out http://www.littletikes.com/toys/makin-mud-pies.aspx for downloadable “recipe cards”.
WIN IT: That’s IT Mommy and Little Tikes PR team is offering
ONE (1) reader their own Makin’ Mud Pies Kitchen Set
MAIN REQUIRED ENTRY – Visit Little Tikes and tell us what other toy you like AND tell us who you would give the Makin’ Mud Pies Kitchen to if you won! (leave a comment in the reply box below this post).
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Optional Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Follow Little Tikes on Twitter (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Sign up for Little Tike’s newsletter (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed or email (or tell us that you already do) (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I want to win a LITTLE TIKES Makin’ Mud Pie Kitchen set! From @thatsitmommy @LittleTikes http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=4815 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on July 31, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before August 2, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received Makin’ Mud Pies to facilitate this review. We are also offering one as a giveaway. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.