If your children are anything like mine, they are all varied and unique with different interests and distinct tastes. I’ve got a budding scientist, a daydreaming poet and a pink-wearing girly-girl on my hands. It’s not easy to find a place to shop where I can get toys for them that cover their age range as well as their interests. I’m also very selective about what kind of toys we encourage them to play with and what message toy companies send them. We had to look no further than www.imaginetoys.com! The site is broken down into category of toys, age of the child and interest, as well as price range and brand, making it extremely easy to find a toy tailored to your child’s taste.
We recently had the opportunity to review two different toys from imaginetoys.com, and we were very pleased with both. For my budding scientist, imaginetoys.com sent the Squishy Human Body by Smart Lab, a 12” plastic human body model and stand, complete with removable squishy organs as well as representative skeletal, vascular, and muscular systems. Kids can explore the complex inner workings of the human body and literally see how it all works! In the book that is included, the child gets a look inside and can watch what happens as a bite of pizza travels through the body. Gross—and so cool, according to my 8-year old! The Squishy Human Body also includes 12 plastic bones and muscles, 9 removable squishy vital organs, tweezers, forceps and a plastic diagrammed sheet on which you can lay out the body parts as you dissect the model, aptly called the “Organ-izer”. Not only did my 8-year-old love it, but my 6-year-old was also delighted in helping her older sister take apart the model and put it back together as they discussed what each organ does and where it goes in the body model while following the book. It was so refreshing to have a sturdy, exciting toy that runs on brain power instead of battery power. My children continue to take apart the Squishy Human Body and put it back together almost daily. A surefire hit for your future scientist, it retails for $27.99 and is recommended for ages 8 and up.
My three-year-old was also delighted to help me review Corolle’s Baby Tidoo, a 12-inch baby doll that can go right in the bath! Baby Tidoo is light, soft and sized to be hugged by small arms, and is easily bathed, thanks to the polystyrene bead filling that dries quickly. Baby Tidoo comes dressed in an adorable bright striped playsuit with a raspberry-colored jacket and a cheerful cap. Its blue eyes open and close, and, just like a real baby, Baby Tidoo can suck her (or his) thumb and comes with a pacifier and yellow rubber ducky for the bath. My daughter has begged me for quite some time to let her bring a baby into the bath, and I always say no. She was very pleased when I handed Baby Tidoo to her and encouraged her to bring it in the water at bath time! She played with it for quite some time, taking its jacket and hat on and off, covering it up with a washcloth, giving it a scrub and putting the baby’s attached pacifier in and out of its mouth. Since we first received it, she has requested Baby Tidoo at every bath, and Baby Tidoo is always waiting for her to play; it comes with a small loop sewn in the back so you can hang it right in your shower for optimal drying. Brilliant! Baby Tidoo has made bath time more fun for all of us. It retails for $39.95 and is recommended for ages 18 months and up.
Not only does imaginetoys.com make shopping easier, but if you have a child in your life who is tricky to shop for, he or she can log on to the site and create a Wish List so you’ll know the exact desires of their heart! With quality and ease of shopping in mind, the site is easy to navigate and full of great shopping ideas. Our family highly recommends www.imaginetoys.com; its unique selection of quality toys ensures that they will have something for every age, style and taste!
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Squishy Human Body by Smart Lab from Imagine Toys! This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 11/5/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit www.ImagineToys.com and tell us about another toy that you like. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like ImagineToys on Facebook
- Follow ImagineToys on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a Squishy Human Body toy from @imaginetoys via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=17906 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on November 5, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the mentioned toys from ImagineToys free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.