My family has been a fan of HALO ever since our first baby was born…over 4 years ago! We only used HALO sleep sacks from the beginning. And I love HALO’s long-standing commitment to child safety. But, there came a point when both of our babies eventually grew out of their wearable blanket and preferred more traditional pajamas. When I found out about their new line of silky sleepwear, I jumped on the opportunity to review it. Despite it being long-sleeved, the material is great for warm weather and helps wick away moisture. The HALO website reports that these are great for year-round wear, as the breathable fabric helps to regulate body temperature.
I’ve tested this pajama set over many summer nights. In the LA, the daytime temps would easily go above 100. The HALO Comfort Luxe has been perfect for these warm weather evenings. I would go in and check on my 17 month old, and he was always happily sleeping, but most importantly-he wasn’t sweating! This is important to note, because even in his short sleeve cotton pajamas, on nights of similar temperature, his hair would be damp from the sweat! It was amazing to me that the pajamas worked so well to keep him cool.
I also love that they are great for sensitive skin. The material is a lightweight soft, woven silk.. While Brendan doesn’t have eczema, he does have sensitivity to certain materials (i.e. his skin will get a rash). This never happened while wearing the HALO Comfort Luxe. This line goes up to 4T, but if they had a 5T with a Princess on it-I’d definitely get one for my daughter, too.
A note on the sizing, Brendan is 33 inches tall and weighs 25 pounds. At 18 months old, he is wearing 18-24 month sizing in most brands. We had initially received an 18 month HALO Comfort Luxe to review, but it was huge! We were kindly sent a 12 month size over to test out, and it was still slightly large. At his current height and weight, the 12 month size is a much better fit (the pants and shirt still seem a bit long, but it is fitting better through the body–see photo above). Keep this in mind when you purchase this–they run BIG and you need to order a size DOWN.
The HALO website reports that these pajamas dry twice as fast as cotton and helps regulate body temperature for greater company. This line has also been awarded the Seal of Acceptance by the National Eczema Association to help promote healthier skin in children!
BUY IT: You can purchase the HALO® ComfortLuxe™ Sleepwear on their website for $21.95. It comes in pink or blue. Pink has a unicorn or peace designs. Blue has a puppy or dino design. This line goes from newborn size all the way up to 4T!
GIVEAWAY: PR for HALO Innovations, Inc. is kindly offering one That’s IT Mommy reader one (1) HALO Comfort Luxe Sleepwear (Winner’s Choice, based on availability. U.S. and Canada only, 18+). Ends 9/8.
REQUIRED ENTRY – To enter, let us know: 1) What size you would like if you win (newborn to 4T) and 2) the gender of your child (or specify pink or blue). Leave your comments in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- “Like” HALO Innovations on Facebook
- Follow HALO Innovation on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win Comfort Luxe sleepwear from @halosleepsack http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=15289 via @ThatsITMommy #giveaway ) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)