Dust Baby Tee’s are a unique, playful and handmade line of children’s t-shirts. Dust Baby Tee’s feature removable chalk boards, made from re-used Denim and Canvas, in varying fun shapes such as a car, a shirt with a tie and a crown. Each t-shirt is handmade and includes a brightly colored pocket with a piece of chalk and an eraser. The tags, pocket and eraser are all made from re-used fabric scraps. The mission of the company is to inspire creative recycling everywhere and I think that they are doing just that!
The designer and artist, Seana Lee Whittaker, earned an Associate of Arts degree at The Academy of Art University-San Francisco and received her BFA from The School of Visual Arts-New York City. She lives and works out of her apartment in Brooklyn, New York. She says that her inspiration is “fueled by the limitless imaginations of her five younger sisters and brothers”.
Seana sent Adeline a butterfly Dust Baby T to review. Adeline fell in love with it as soon as she saw the chalk included in the pocket!! It is a white t-shirt with a Velcro butterfly chalkboard. The pocket is a brightly colored flower design with a large pink rhinestone (really cute) and holds chalk and a butterfly shaped eraser. Adeline loved the fact that the eraser was also butterfly shaped. What appears to be stitching in the pictures is actually designs drawn in fabric marker by Seana!
I love the fact that she draws on the t-shirts and then the children can draw their own designs on the chalkboard. How cool is a t-shirt that inspires creativity? Adeline has received numerous comments on the t-shirt! Dust Baby T-shirts are available online at http://www.etsy.com/shop/outsidethelines3 for an average of $35. These are great t-shirts to give as gifts or to purchase for your own child.
Visit Seana’s Web site to view her portrait work.
Giveaway! Dust Baby Tee – Winner’s Choice (toddler and children’s sizes)
Here’s how to enter!
MAIN ENTRY – Visit www.outsidethelines3.etsy.com. Take a look around and tell us what your favorite Dusty Baby Tee is. Come back here and leave a comment in the comment box below this post.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Extra entries – You can earn more entries. Please, leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to our RSS feed or by email (or let us know if you already subscribe).
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow us on Twitter and let us know.
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow us on Facebook and let us know.
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow Dust Baby Tee’s on their Facebook page and let us know.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – I just entered to win one of these cool Dust Baby Tee’s! via @thatsitmommy http://wp.me/pAWsG-Ng #giveaway* Let us know that you tweeted in a separate comment. Come back daily!
- 3 Extra Entries – Have a Blog? Blog about this giveaway and leave the url of your post in a separate comment below. (#1, #2, #3)
This giveaway will run through midnight on April 16, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime before April 18, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review.
* Erika did receive a Dust Baby Tee’s to facilitate this review.
This will in no way sway our opinion of the service.
The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinion may differ.