In my house, there are certain foods that are notorious for being thrown out because we can’t remember how long they’ve been in the refrigerator! Baby food, leftover Chinese food, even the occasional breast milk (sigh). All due to the simple fact that I can’t recall how long ago I put the food in the refrigerator. I think having a timer to help me keep on top of leftovers is a great idea! The folks at double u products sent us a package of their magnetic DaysAgo timers.
The DaysAgo timer tracks the days and hours so you don’t have to with a simple, one button operation. Just push it and the timer is on, push it again for off. To reset it, press and hold for 5 seconds. So simple. The company promotes it’s uses beyond food—to track contact lenses storage, aquarium cleaning, plant watering, furnace filter, oil changes, exercise…everything in your life that needs tracking. I like that suggestion—exercise. Now that I think of it, I wonder how many days it actually has been…
- One button operation
- Digital display up to 99
- Available in Magnetic, Suction cup or with 2 different sized bands (i.e. to wrap around a coffee bag)
Kathleen Whitehurst, the CEO and founder of double u products, originally designed the DaysAgo to help busy moms keep the food in refrigerators safe for their families. Now the DaysAgo has become a lifestyle product for which consumers themselves are always finding new uses. The DaysAgo timer was a winner of a Good Housekeeping “Good Buy Award”. Recently, they have also received two prestigious awards from Creative Child Magazine—the 2010 “Top Choice of the Year” award the 2010 “Seal of Excellence”, both in the parenting aids category.
Another great use…DaysAgo offers a special Pink edition of the counter to help keep track of monthly self-breast exams. Kathleen is a 10-year breast cancer survivor and committed to supporting breast cancer awareness. The pink DaysAgo timer comes with a suction cup so women can put it on their vanity or bathroom mirrors. She has also partnered with the Breast Cancer Network of Strength as part of her effort to promote early detection and self-breast exams. Her company will be donating 10 percent of all sales from the Pink DaysAgo to provide emotional. That’s IT Mommy loves companies that give back.
The DaysAgo Timer 2-pack retails for $8.00 and can be purchased on their website.
GIVEAWAY: double u products is kindly offering Two (2) That’s IT Mommy Readers each a pack of Suction DaysAgo timers. Giveaway ends 9/18
REQUIRED ENTRY – Visit http://www.howmanydaysago.com/uses.php and tell us a new use you learned from their website. Come back here and leave a comment in the reply box below this post.
Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count
Optional Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Think of a new way to use their timers? Email them and let us know you did (2 extra- 2 comments #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Check us out on Facebook (let us know who you are) (1 extra)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway and tell us why you want to win (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one (1) of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I want to #win a DaysAgo timer to keep my life more organized on @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=5999 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)