Last month I had the envied assignment of attending the annual American Toy Fair to check out the latest in toys. One of the hottest trends according to toy forecasters (yes, there really is such a career!) is collectables for kids. As a mom I was a wee bit concerned with the quality of some of these collectables – I instantly envisioned tons of tiny, plastic balls, bubbles and accessories underfoot. Then I saw Poofin Pillows and charms on the tradeshow floor and thought there may be another way to enjoy collecting.
According to the two moms who created Poofins, this is truly original toy concept that invites kids to collect all the things they love. A Poofin is actually a 23-inch plush star-shaped pillow with a small hole in the center that allows kids to store soft pillow charms printed with images of all their favorite items. Presently the charm images fall into themes, like favorite foods, symbols, sports, and animals. For $4.95 you can buy your little collector a charm shaped like a ballerina, penguin, ice cream cone, baseball, gumball machine, pirate, bicycle, or guitar. Or you will be able to go to the Poofin website and download your own photo to be made into a custom charm. Over time kids can make it one-of-a-kind by filling it with as many as 50 soft Poofin charms of their choosing.
The Poofin ladies graciously gave us a cobalt blue Poofin star pillow and two charms – a penguin and ice cream cone. My daughter loves anything penguin and has been cuddling the penguin charm when she falls asleep at night. Both my four and two year old have been taking turns filling the pillow and then unzipping it on the back to empty it. I can’t wait to make our own customized charm.
I was thinking of letting my junior photographer select one of her own photos to download on the web and then receive in the mail. Maybe a photo of a far-away relative we don’t get to visit as much as we’d like?
The Poofin Star pillow is is made from 100% polyester materials using PVC-free printing inks and dyes and a lead-free plastic zipper. All Poofin products are independently tested by TUVRheinland – one of the largest safety testing groups in the world – and are certifiably lead-free and PCV-free. Poofins pillows are available for $29.95 (Cobalt blue, Red and Fuschia styles) and can be purchased at www.poofin.com. Happy collecting!
GIVEAWAY: Our friends at Poofin would like to share one Poofin Star and one charm with a lucky That’s It Mommy reader. Ends 3/26/11.
REQUIRED ENTRY – Just send us a quick message on what makes your child so unique, and let us know which Poofin charm they would like most.!
Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count
Optional Bonus Entries – Each entry MUST BE in a separate comment and are worth one point unless otherwise noted.
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Leave a comment on a non giveaway post
- Feel free to enter any of our other current giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter (Comment #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Collecting with Poofin Pillows! Enter to win a Poofin Star and charm via @ThatsITMommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=10085 ) Come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet
THIS GIVEAWAY WILL RUN THROUGH MIDNIGHT ON MARCH 26, 2011 (PST). WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN USING RANDOM.ORG FROM ALL VALID ENTRIES AND NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL. WINNER WILL HAVE 48 HOURS TO CONTACT US BEFORE ANOTHER WINNER IS CHOSEN. GIVEAWAY IS OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY (18+).
* WE DID NOT RECEIVE MONETARY COMPENSATION FOR THIS REVIEW. Jill RECEIVED THE Pillow Pillow mentioned IN THIS POST TO FACILITATE THIS REVIEW. THIS WILL IN NO WAY SWAY OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE. THE REVIEW IS IN OUR OWN WORDS AND IS OUR OPINION. YOUR RESULTS AND OPINIONS MAY DIFFER.