Ah, potty training. That has been a touchy subject in our household. We’ve had some high moments and some low moments during the process. I’m always willing to try a new product that might help ease the transition.
Boon is a company that offers a range of infant and toddler products with a sense of style. I’ve always eyed Boon’s kitchen and bath products while browsing the infant’s section of Target or Toys r Us. But, I didn’t know about their Potty Bench until I visited their website a few weeks ago. I contacted Boon and they generously offered to send us a product of our choice. I jumped at the chance for Teagan to test out the Potty Bench in green (also comes in blue). The seat retails for $34.99 and doesn’t require any assembly. Initially, I was surprised at the size of the seat (19 1/2″ x 12 7/8″ x 7 1/8″) but it is a “bench” and not a chair. The Boon doubles as a step stool and holds up to 300 lbs! The Potty Bench actually fits quite nicely against the wall across from our bathroom toilet.
The bench has two side compartments. One side has a built in toilet paper holder. The other Teagan can store her potty books or whatever she feels like hiding. What I like is the sides of the compartment stay closed when the lid is down. You won’t have to worry about them rolling down while your child is standing on the bench. Teagan thinks that the Potty Bench is her mini toilet. Another feature that impressed me is the removable potty drawer. The bench stays put and you only have to worry about cleaning up and dumping the drawer. Clean up is quick and any household disinfectant can be used on all parts of the bench.
We’ve had the bench for a couple of weeks now and I’m excited to report that Teagan is fully potty trained! I’m not sure if this is a coincidence or if the Potty Bench encouraged her. She really likes this potty! The hole of the seat is on the smaller side so Teagan has to make sure she sits back to cover the area. The only accident she’s had was when she missed by sitting too far forward. Also, the bench comes with a splash guard that is handy for boys. We didn’t test that part out. The Potty Bench is definitely a favorite in my household. It looks nice, doubles as a step, which is great for brushing time, and Teagan likes to hold the sides of the bench for “support.”
TWO THUMBS UP BOON!! We love this bench and wish we had known about it sooner.
Product is recommended for ages: 18+ months
GIVEAWAY: Boon is generously offering one (1) That’s IT Mommy reader their own Potty Bench!
REQUIRED ENTRY – Visit http://www.booninc.com/ and tell us what other products you’d like to try. Come back here and leave a comment in the reply box below this post.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Follow Boon on Twitter (1 extra)
- Check out the Boon Page on Facebook (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed or email (or tell us that you already do) (1 extra)
- Check us out on Facebook (let us know who you are) (1 extra)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I want to win a Boon Potty Bench! via @thatsitmommy http://wp.me/pAWsG-1en @BoonInc #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on July 19, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before July 21, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a Potty Bench to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.