I want my kids to love reading as much as I do. The BEGIN SMART series of books is a win/win, they offer great age-appropriate graphics and text for your tots and reading/playing advice for the grown-ups. According to the publishers, their books are designed to enhance children’s motor and cognitive skills and promote interaction between children and caregivers.
The BEGIN SMART series organizes their titles into four color-coded groupings: blue for 0-6 months, green for 6-12 months, red for 12-18 months, purple for 18-24 months. A full listing of their titles can be found at www.beginsmartbooks.com. Here is a sampling of some of their newest offerings:
BLUE: My Little Baby shows adult and baby animals and the sounds they make.
GREEN: Where’s Your Nose? a touch and feel book to help babies identify parts of the body.
RED: Round Balls, Round Balls uses rhyming language and features photos of hand-crafted, stuffed animals.
PURPLE: Counting Duckies teaches counting through repetition while entertaining baby with texture and colors.
My almost 24-month old gravitated to books in each of the groupings. Our favorite to read together is an older red selection entitled “Peek-a-Boo What?” Every page features a fold-out surprise illustration, uses the phrase Peek-a-Boo and then replaces “boo” with a rhyming word. For example, one page says Peek-a-Boo when folded then reveals Peek-a-Moo with the adorable, big, colorful illustrations of a cow and a little boy drinking milk when unfolded. It’s fun to read and so rewarding to see how excited my little man gets to have every page revealed.
Shopping on www.beginsmartbooks.com is so easy to navigate and the perfect place to send friends and family who want to find the most age-appropriate gifts for young readers. The prices are reasonable and range between $6 and $13 depending on the titles.
Our friends at BEGIN SMART Books are offering ONE (1) LUCKY WINNER a selection of their most recent titles.
REQUIRED ENTRY: 1) Tell us the age of your young reader, and 2) The person in your life who most influenced your love of reading.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Follow Begin Smart on Twitter
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed or email (or tell us that you already do) (1 extra)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are) (1 extra)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Have fun all summer long with the Gazillion Bubble Machine! Win via @thatsitmommy http://wp.me/pAWsG-16Z (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on June 27, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before June 29, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian residents only. (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received Begin Smart titles to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.