If you’re disappointed about the summer coming to an end, celebrate new beginnings and back to school instead with new delicious treats by Unilever! They’d make a perfect after-school snack or post-dinner dessert, and you can make those summertime flavors last all year long. Limiting yourself to just one may be tough, though!
My family was super excited to try out some of their new flavors. First up is the Klondike Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream bar. Being a mint chocolate chip lover myself, I was very excited to try this new twist on the classic Klondike bar. The bars were very minty and creamy, with just the right balance of chocolate. They received two hearty thumbs up from all three of my girls, who are 8, 6 and 3. Even my husband, who tends to be slightly picky about ice cream and sticks to the classics, appreciated the minty-chocolatey goodness! Klondike has 12 total varieties of stickless bars in six-packs ($4.19) – from Caramel Pretzel to and Double Chocolate.
Next, we tried the new Breyers Blasts! Breyers Blasts ($3.50-$4.99)! Take a flavor of ice cream and jazz it up with families’ most loved candies. Some of the flavors are: Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough, Whoppers and Waffle Cone with Hershey’s Chocolate Chips. The Breyers Blasts! line also includes family favorites Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers Caramel Swirl Chunk, OREO Cookies & Cream and Heath. Chocolate lovers that we are, we chose the Mrs. Fields Chocolate Fudge Brownie variety, which is Breyer’s wonderfully rich chocolate ice cream with soft, chewy chunks of awesome Mrs. Fields brownies. What a decadent experience! Sometimes ice cream flavors with chunks are puny or even stingy about how much they put in, but not Breyers Blasts! There was a yummy chunk of brownie in almost every bite.
Lastly, at a goodbye-to-summer playdate with friends, I broke out a box of Popsicle brand Air Heads variety popsicles to give out to the kids. As soon as I opened the box, I could smell that familiar Air Heads candy smell, transporting me right back to jr. high. I tried a strawberry one and was surprised to find that they were pleasantly chewy instead of just your chunky run-of-the-mill ice pop. The flavors in the box are fabulous (strawberry, blue raspberry, watermelon and white mystery flavor, which is mixed fruit), and the colors are bright and vibrant, which was very attractive to all of the children. They agreed that all of the fruity flavors were delicious, and almost everyone asked for a second one! Make sure to have lots of napkins on hand…those bright, bold colors inevitably end up on hands and shirts, too, causing a delightful mess! Each pop is fat-free, contains only 50 calories and is available in an 18-pack ($4.49).
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive three full value free product coupons to purchase their own Unilever frozen treats! This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 9/8/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit www.unileverusa.com/brands and tell us what your favorite Unilever product is! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Follow Breyers on Twitter
- Follow Popsicle on Twitter
- Follow Klondike Bar on Twitter
- Like Breyers on Facebook
- Like Klondike on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win free coupons for @breyers @popsicle, @klondikebar frozen treats from Unilever via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=15429 #giveaway #bts) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on Sept. 8, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received three coupons from Unilever/Breyers/Popsicle/