I feel like it is always easier to buy gifts for smaller kids than for tweens or teens. That is why I want to share these really cool t-shirts by a company called Good Boy Roy. All of the shirts are drawn by 15 year old Zach. They feature fun, humorous and unique drawings of Good Boy Roy and his friends.
I loved the t-shirts when I saw them and then after reading Zach’s story I loved them even more. Zach has always loved to draw and enjoys baseball and BMX bikes but he also faces some other challenges. He has OCD and ADD. He also had something called PANDAS, which is an autoimmune disorder associated with strep that caused him to develop Tourettes and Tics. Drawing keeps Zach calm and comforts him. Good Boy Roy was started when Zach’s mom surpised him with a t-shirt with his Good Boy Roy character on it. Zach loved it!. The t-shirt line has expanded to include many of Roy’s boys and girlfriends. The characters include Hippie Heather, Crazy Timmy, Rocker Rick, Handsome Hen, Zman, and Volleyball Girl.
We we were sent a pink Hippie Heather Shirt for my daughter Kaleigh who is 16. It is a youth large and fits true to size. My neighbor, Olivia who is 10, fell so in love with the shirt that Kaleigh passed it on to her. It is a really cute pink short sleeve cotton t-shirt that retails for $18. A great price for unique shirts.
We also received a copy of the children’s book written by Zach’s mother, Kim Hix. The book is called “No one is Perfect and You are a Great Kid”. It won the Reader Views 2007 Annual Literary Award for Best Children’s Book for ages 6 and under. The story is about Zach, a young boy who struggles with ever changing moods. He tries to understand why he feels different and left out. Kim based the book on Zach and the struggles he endured. Her goal is to help other children who suffer from mood disorders or depression. The book is wonderful and I would recommend it everyone. You can purchase the book on Kim’s Website: www.youareagreatkid.com.
I wanted to share this wonderful mother and son team with all of our readers. They are inspirational and the shirts are really cool!
– That’s IT Mommy, Erika
You can check them out here: www.goodboyroy.com
GIVEAWAY: Good Boy Roy is generously offering One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader a t-shirt of their choice.
REQUIRED ENTRY: Visit Good Boy Roy and let us know which shirt is your favorite. Leave your comments in the reply box below this post.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Optional Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Follow Good Boy Roy on Twitter (1 entry)
- Like Good Boy Roy on Facebook (1 entry)
- Subscribe to our Email (or tell us that you already do) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (2 extra-leave 2 separate comments, #1, #2)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 entry)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways. (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Comment on one of our non-giveaway posts. (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – WIN a Good Boy Roy T-shirt via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=7636 #giveaway) – come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 entry)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on November 23, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. We did receive the above mentioned t shirt free of charge to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.