Kids say the darndest things! Sometimes it’s hard to catch their spontaneous behavior on video. I‘ve tried writing down the funny things Teagan say in a notebook but that hasn’t worked out. I usually forget to record her words and always regret it later. With that in mind, one mom came up with a solution to help parents record those special quotes.
Said What? Is written by Casey Shulder Tidwell and illustrated by Harvest Creative. Casey is a mom to 3 children and developed the idea of organizing her kid’s quotes in one book. Her inspiration was her grandmother who kept a booklet of quotes for each one of her 4 children. Said What? Is a soft covered 8″ x 8″ book with 94 pages for jotting down all of your child’s adorable quotes! The pages have boxes where you can fill in the date, age of your child, who was there and of course, the quote. I’m not sure you’d carry this around with you while you’re out. So, remember to write down the quote and fill in the book when you get home.
Looking for a gift for that hard to shop for mom? This would be a great gift where she can always look back and have a laugh at what their kids said or maybe even shed a tear.
I have to admit that I have a hard time remembering to write things down. I’m just not that organized! But, with this book I’ve made an conscious effort to write a few of Teagan’s sayings. Such as, “Mom, I’m a teacher but I’m really a kid”. Or “Mom, I love your head!” Sure, these are silly but they made me smile since she’s only 3.
Not only is this a great gift for mom (or dad) but also it’s a great gift to hand down to your children as they get older. The book is nicely designed, colorful and can be personalized with a name of a child.
So far 2000 copies of Said What? have been sold since their first print in October! The book has been featured on Uncommon Goods (love that site!) and can be purchased for $20 on http://www.coocooconcepts.com/.
GIVEAWAY: Casey Shulder Tidwell is offering one (1) That’s IT Mommy reader a copy of Said What? This giveaway is open to everyone! (Worldwide) Ends 5/3/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY – What is your favorite child’s quote? Leave us a comment in the reply box below this post. (Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Optional Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment. Worth 1 each unless otherwise noted.
- Subscribe to our email (or tell us that you already do)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Like Coocooconcepts on Facebook
- Follow Coocooconcepts on Twitter
- Grab our Button (located in the right sidebar) and leave the link (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a message on any non-giveaway post (let us know which one)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – RT! Said What? is the perfect keepsake journal for mom! #Win a copy via @coocooconcepts and @ThatsITmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=11485 ) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
THIS GIVEAWAY WILL RUN THROUGH MIDNIGHT ON MAY 3, 2011 (PST). WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN USING RANDOM.ORG FROM ALL VALID ENTRIES AND NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL. WINNER WILL HAVE 48 HOURS TO CONTACT US BEFORE ANOTHER WINNER IS CHOSEN. GIVEAWAY IS OPEN WORLDWIDE.
* WE DID NOT RECEIVE MONETARY COMPENSATION FOR THIS REVIEW. THAT’S IT MOMMY RECEIVED SAID WHAT? TO FACILITATE THIS REVIEW. THIS WILL IN NO WAY SWAY OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE. THE REVIEW IS IN OUR OWN WORDS AND IS OUR OPINION. YOUR RESULTS AND OPINIONS MAY DIFFER.