I’ve always wanted a stylish camera bag. Unfortunately, style went out the window when I had my daughter four years ago. ALL of my accessories revolved around me being a mom. Sadly, my poor camera rode around in diaper bags and reusable shopping totes. Well, now I am ready for a big girl camera bag that is all about me and my camera. I wanted something fun, attractive and of course something that protected my gear.
Kelly Moore Clark is a photographer and mom who designs a gorgeous line of camera bags for women and men. It was extremely hard for me to decide on which bag was the best fit at www.kellymoorebag.com. Kelly Moore eased my anxiety after I watched her video tutorials. She reviews all of her bags in her line. I found these videos to be helpful when deciding on a bag to choose. I wanted a medium sized bag that was flexible and suited my collection of my short portrait lenses. I decided on the B-Hobo bag after seeing how it rested flat against Kelly’s body. The bag wasn’t bulky and from the video I could see exactly what the bag could hold (BTW, Kelly has a 10″ lens in the bag for those of you who have a tall lens). The fun, girly style of the B-Hobo was the final deciding factor.
The B-Hobo bag and I have been together every day since it arrived. I LOVE THIS BAG! The B-Hobo doesn’t overpower my 5′ 4″ frame and I can easily grab my camera without a problem. I also love the slouchy look. The B-Hobo bag comes in eight colors. My choice was Mustard rather than opting for the traditional black color of a regular camera bag. The nice year-round Mustard color looks great with all of my outfits and is especially fitting for these cooler and colorful Fall days.
The bag weighs in at 2lbs. Outside bag dimensions are 15″ (length) x 4″ (width) x 9.5-10.5″(height). B-Hobo features five pockets. Two front small zippered pockets, two side pockets and a large zippered pocket at the back of the bag. The smaller front pockets are great for holding flash drives and extra memory cards. The side pocket is where I keep items like hand sanitizer or my cell phone. The large back pocket is where I store a small notebook and business cards. The interior of the bag has a pretty purple lining. There are two removable dividers, which allow you to customize the compartment size to your needs. Another bonus is that the B-Hobo bag comes comes with two straps – a messenger style and a short strap. I prefer the short strap on my shoulder rather than the messenger across my body. That’s just my personal preference. The gold hardware gives the Hobo nice finishing touch.
The most interesting feature of the B-Hobo is that this bag doesn’t look like a camera bag! People’s compliments have been a-plenty. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard, “I love your purse!” I’ve been taking the bag everywhere for sometime now. My camera and lenses have been protected. The bag fits comfortably and the water resistant, man-made material has held up on photo shoots and family adventures. I’ve also hung this bag around the handles of our Maclaren Triumph stroller!
Kelly Moore’s B-Hobo camera bag goes for $169. I’m sure that initially seems pricey but after comparing it to other fashionable camera bags it’s in the same range.
Finally! This shutterbug mama is fashionably happy but some things still haven’t changed. Somehow some of my daughter’s toys and crayons still magically appear in my bag but I’m okay with that!
BUY IT: www.kellymoorebag.com Free shipping in the U.S.!
DISCOUNT CODE: ThatsitMommy – $15 off a purchase. Expires 10/22/11
WIN IT: Kelly Moore wants to share the love with one of our lucky readers! One reader will win a Kelly Moore bag of their choice!!
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Kelly Moore camera bag of their choice. This giveaway is open WORLDWIDE (18+). Ends 10/14/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit www.kellymoorebag.com and tell us which bag you would choose if you won AND why! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Kelly Moore Bag on Facebook (tell them That’s IT Mommy sent you!)
- Follow Kelly Moore Clark on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I entered to #Win a @kellymooreclark camera bag! Winner’s Choice via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=16562 #photography #giveaway #WW) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on Oct 14, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to EVERYONE/WORLDWIDE (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the B-Hobo bag from Kelly Moore Bags free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.