Instant cameras are seriously FUN! I love the sound that instant cameras make. I have fond memories of my parents snapping pictures of my brother and I with their old school instant camera. We intensely studied the developing film as we saw reflections of us appear right before our eyes! Was it magic? And those cube flash bulbs? What the heck were they made out of?
Fast forward a few years (plus a few more!) and I find myself experimenting with the Fujifilm’s Instax Mini 7S camera. This camera has a cool shape and develops small prints with retro looks.
The Instax Mini 7S is available in white, takes 4 AA batteries (included) and has a built-in flash (the flash fires for all pictures). Setting up the camera is super-easy. Pop open the back, place the film cartridge and close the lid! Pull out the lens to turn your camera on, push in to turn off. Select one of four settings, point and then shoot! Don’t fret – the back of the camera pack comes out first. Your second shot will be a business card sized picture that feeds out of the top of the camera.
Picture quality is great once you’ve figured out the settings (Indoor, Cloudy, Fine, Clear). I’ve had better luck with indoor shots than outdoor but practice does make perfect. My daughter loves waiting for the pictures to develop just like I did when I was a kid. This size of the film is perfect to add to your children’s scrapbooks, dressing up your fridge or teens can share with their friends! You can also hang the pictures from a line of clothespins to decorate your walls. I carry a few images around in my purse to show off pictures of my daughter. Somehow, it’s way cooler than pulling out my iPhone!
Camera fans of all ages will have no problem figuring out how to use this camera. My four-year-old daughter can use it no problem. Although, I do advise not letting young children mess with it since they’ll use up the film in no time. The 800 ISO film comes in a 2 pack with 10 images to a pack and averages $19. I admit I have been conservative with images due to the price of the film. But I seem to be more focused on getting the best shots. Digital cameras can make you a little lazy! Regardless, this camera is a fun addition to my camera collection and I love it.
Watch my daughter as she shows you how it easy it is to operate the camera!
Here are a some pictures I took with the camera.
#1 Overexposed – Fine setting.
#2 and 3 were taken with #1 but are vibrant and clear. I used Shady setting on these images.
#4 is too dark with the shady setting.
#5-#7 were taken with the indoor setting
Instax Mini 7S is currently on sale for $62.83 on www.bhphotovideo.com or www.amazon.com offers a Fujifilm Instax-7s Kit: White 7s body, 1 pack of film & “Skin-It” kit for $76.06.
Stay connected with Instax by visiting their blog: www.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Instant Film Camera and one pack of film. Thanks, FUJIFILM!! Ends 9/15/11. US Only, 18+.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, tell us why you want to win this camera AND what your first instant picture will be of if you won! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Fujifilm Instax on Facebook
- Follow Fujifilm on Twitter
- Follow Instax on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a @FujifilmUS Instax Mini 7S Instant Film Camera via @thatsitmommy US http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=15543 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on Sept 15, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received FUJIFILM Instax Mini 7S Instant Film Camera and two 2-packs of film from Fujifilm free of charge to facilitate this review. We are giving away the camera and one box of film. Giveaway item will be shipped by TIM. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.