What could be sweeter than chocolate. How about a chocolate cookie? Or a chocolate cake? How about a chocolate cookie cake? I received the Creme Filled Wafer Cake Pan Set for review from Nordic Ware and was immediately awed by it’s novelty. I had a lot of fun last Fall making up a variety of cakes with Nordic Ware pans during our “In The Kitchen” theme (you can check out that review here). After reading through the step-by-step directions, I was also impressed at how seemingly easy it was going to be to pull off. I put on my baking hat and began.
In our house, we prefer the taste and texture of made-from-scratch baked goods. I have my husband to thank for this, as he taught me it doesn’t take that much more time but it definitely makes a world of difference in the final product. We made the chocolate cake recipe that’s printed on the box, as I wasn’t sure how my old-standby recipes would cook up in the two pans.
After letting the cake cool, I flipped the pans over to view my molded-masterpiece. I’m always a bit nervous at this stage, as if anything sticks, there goes my perfect design! I do have a secret I’ll let you in on–use a spray that has flour in it (I use Baker’s Joy). This is the most fool-proof way to make sure you grease up every nook and cranny of the cake pan. This is one of the easiest cakes I’ve had to assemble and decorate. To finish the cake, just put a thick layer of white frosting, ice cream (or in our case, Cool Whip) on the bottom half, then place the top of the “cookie” over the frosting and voila!
I love Nordic Ware pans. For starters, many of their pans have that “Wow” factor. What’s even better, in this busy mama’s opinion, is it gives the illusion you spent way more time than you did. File this one under “Fun”. On their website, there’s a reason they put it in the category of “Party Pans”.
Buy IT: The Creme Filled Wafer Cake Pan set retails for $22 and be purchased on their website and at Williams-Sonoma.
GIVEAWAY: Nordic Ware is generously offering One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader a Creme Filled Wafer Cake Pan Set of their own!. This giveaway is open to US and Canada only. Ends 6/2/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit Nordic Ware and let us know another item you’d love to try out. Leave your comments in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Follow Nordic Ware on Twitter
- Like Nordic Ware on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a Nordic Ware Cookie Wafer Cake Pan Set via @thatsitmommy & @Nordicware http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=12300 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
This giveaway will run through midnight on June 2, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. We did receive the item mentioned to facilitate this post. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.