When IKEA first opened its Burbank, Calif., doors in November 1990, it was the first California IKEA location and sixth in the nation. San Fernando Boulevard transformed into a bustling gateway for this expansive 242,000-square-foot shopping haven. Like many, my family loves scouring every “nook and cranny” of IKEA – even without following a specific shopping list. Known for offering innovative and progressive shopping experiences, IKEA’s Burbank store promises a “blockbuster” experience at its new location. That’s right! On Wednesday, February 8, 2017, customers can begin lining up at 6 a.m. PST for the store’s grand opening at 9 a.m. Enjoy grand opening festivities and learn about future store promotions. Burbank’s new IKEA resides west of San Fernando Boulevard along I-5 at Olive Avenue/Verdugo Avenue.
Free stuff on Wednesday, February 8, 2017!
• Rest Assured – The first 26 adults (18 & older) in the New IKEA Burbank on February 8, 2017 will receive a free LANDSKRONA sofa, in honor of the 26-year IKEA presence in Burbank.
• Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in the New IKEA Burbank on February 8, 2017 will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
• For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in the New IKEA Burbank on February 8, 2017 will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
• Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) in the New IKEA Burbank on February 8, 2017 will receive a random prize envelope with Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or soft-serve frozen yogurt voucher.
• Happy Birthday to You and Us – The first 100 adults (18 & older) bringing proof to the New IKEA Burbank on February 8, 2017 their birthday is the same as the store’s will receive a gift card for $52, reflecting twice the length of time since IKEA Burbank opened 26 years ago.
Also, Enter our Home, Enter to Win – From February 8 through February 12, 2017, visitors to the New IKEA Burbank may enter a drawing to win one of ten $1,000 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program. IKEA is matching the prizes (a total of $10,000) with a donation of home furnishings to Family Service Agency of Burbank, a local organization that treats the mental and emotional well-being of children, adults and families suffering silently.
Bigger, brighter, better is what you’ll find within this 456,000 square feet (the old store was 242,000!) retail compound that features an expanded stock of the already 10,000 exclusive items. Check out three home model interiors, 50 inspirational home-room settings, a supervised children’s play area, and an enormous 600-seat restaurant specializing in Swedish dishes. I’m certain countless families (like mine) enjoy IKEA’s “Smaland,” where youngsters between 37”-50” can frolic amongst a Swedish fantasy land, while parents/caregivers shop. As a family lifestyle retailer, IKEA improves upon this environment with a ‘Children’s IKEA’ area within the showroom, play areas all over the store, and baby-care rooms. While I often found parking to be overly congested at the original location, this new IKEA boats 1,700 parking spaces, including preferred family parking. Like 90% of IKEA’s other locations, Burbank’s new IKEA contributes to renewable energy with its rooftop solar array, and six electric vehicle charging stations. The store is gorgeous and I’m sure I’ll spend many days with my family, dreaming, eating and exploring thew new store.
“We cannot wait for customers to experience our new store’s ease of access, convenient parking and updated layout,” says Jeff O’Shaughnessy, store manager. O’Shaughnessy has been with the brand for 28 years and is excited to showoff the new showcase store to all of Los Angeles. The city of Burbank experienced 500 new jobs created during the retailer’s construction, as well as, 150 new employees. Thanks to IKEA’s exceptional prices and shopping environment, expect to see increased annual sales and property tax revenue.
Personally, I’ve been counting down the days since I first heard of this new location. Without a doubt, IKEA’s new location is winning! I’ll see you at the Bistro with my ice cream – after I check out the new aisles.
Make sure to sign up for the FREE IKEA Family card. Card holders can get a free cup of coffee and there are special deals throughout the store.
For more information: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/store/burbank
We received a tour during the media event for editorial purposes. Opinions are our own and we have been loyal IKEA shoppers and are looking forward to the opening!